Gibson Brands Forums

What's the difference between....

Mike123B

What are some differences between the Epiphone Les Paul Standard and the Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Studio Deluxe? So far I'll I've been able to find out was that the Les Paul Studio Deluxe comes in Alpine White, are there other differences?

hey thanks for the link, it helped a lot

so now I know the main difference is really the mini humbuckers

I'm not sure if they would be better or worse than normal humbuckers for me, since I play a lot of rock (most punk) as well as ska and sometimes a little reggae/dub (as well as many of styles, but those are the major ones). Opinions?

Hey Max,

Well I was looking at the studio deluxe on musician's friend

(http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Studio-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=581254)

and it actually says "Alnico Classic Plus humbucking pickups" so maybe the Studio Deluxes reviewed in Justadennis's link were older models...maybe

Or maybe alnico humbuckers are a type of mini humbuckers, I'm not very savvy when it comes to technicalities lol

The guitar is also available on music123.com, just dearch Epiphone Les Paul Limited Edition Studio Deluxe

Guest icantbuyafender

only difference is the body/neck binding and the hardware being gold

standards use chrome, and have body and neck binding while studio and studio deluxes do not, yet feature gold hardware.

Archived