Gibson Brands Forums

hey guys...

Guest icantbuyafender

Guest icantbuyafender

Okay, I'm really eyeing this 1954 Les Paul standard in Ox-blood finish. here

Its the epiphone version of the Jeff Beck Les Paul.

Its not even in stock anywhere until the 30th of December.

I want it, because I have my GoldTop, and this '54 would be the perfect mate for her. The neck profile on my goldtop is the '50s era, and the 1954 is promising the same exact profile... this has my hands so excited.

Id plan to deck it out with CTS 300k pots and '57 classic pups and a switchcraft switch and input jack. Shortly after, a tusq nut and trapeze tailpiece will be added to put on a Gotoh tuneomatic with graphtech saddles. Of course, Dunlop straplock buttons too.

Opinions?

yes i know, I am a bit pricey on my projects, but understand, I have my goldie and I have never been more satisfied with it. I figure this is the best alternative for a project aside from getting a 2nd goldtop.

The trapeze and gotoh tuneomatic with graphtech saddles are gonna be the 2nd wave of mods after the 1st big mods being the electronics.

You guys think Musiciansfriend.com will have these until April, when I plan to make the purchase? I hope it will still be around.....

My big question to you guys, what are the odds that this guitar will still be available for me?

I ask because its either the guitar or an amp... a Blackheart Handsome devil head that i have a promo offer for only 300bux so long as i order before december 21st.

Either save and wait for the guitar, or get the amp for 50 bux off and be set for life on amps.

(i have the ant and giant heads by blackheart already lol along with a valve junior)

Wait and pass up this amp deal.... or grab the amp and wait four months for the guitar....

If i get the amp, id have to wait till april until i can afford the guitar... hmm. once again...

What are the odds the guitar will still be for sale online at MF in april??

I don't want to be put on the spot for this.. epi and mf are so close knit on sales it's really hard to give anything but a guess.

My guess it it wont be on sale in april.

Good luck deciding.. but it sounds like guitar jones to me!

TWANG

Guest icantbuyafender

yeah.

Im deciding to wait until the damn thing is even available in stock.

No sense in paying to wait.

And yes, major jone's-ing indeed.

Okay' date=' I'm really eyeing this 1954 Les Paul standard in Ox-blood finish. here

You guys think Musiciansfriend.com will have these until April, when I plan to make the purchase? I hope it will still be around.....

My big question to you guys, what are the odds that this guitar will still be available for me?

What are the odds the guitar will still be for sale online at MF in april??

I think the odds are good that MF will still have them in April.

Red 333

Okay' date=' I'm really eyeing this 1954 Les Paul standard in Ox-blood finish.

I want it, because I have my GoldTop, and this '54 would be the perfect mate for her. The neck profile on my goldtop is the '50s era, and the 1954 is promising the same exact profile... this has my hands so excited.[/quote']

How did you get a GT with a fat neck? Was there a special edition, or something?[cool]

The necks on any Epi LP I've seen/played or read about have all been closer to the 60's profile, a little beefier, but definitely not 50's fat.

Guest icantbuyafender
How did you get a GT with a fat neck? Was there a special edition' date=' or something?[confused']

The necks on any Epi LP I've seen/played or read about have all been closer to the 60's profile, a little beefier, but definitely not 50's fat.

my GT is a newer LP made at the begining of this year. it has the chunky neck that G400's had like 6 years ago. my dot studio has a similar yet slightly chunkier neck. that's epiphone for consistency. hah. my LPclassic and LP std have the normal 60s type skinny neck. the GT I have is noticabley heavier than my other LP's (which are damn heavy already)

How odd...I love LPs, love wraparound tailpieces (why I like Juniors so much), and Jeff Beck is always somewhere on my playlist. So how come I can't stand this guitar?

I think it might be the turd color, but something's definitely making me say "BLEAH" every time I see it.

How 'bout a Leslie West DC Junior Epiphone?

Archived