Gibson Brands Forums

New Century Flying V

Rewddawg1

Looks GOOD, Rewd!

That "cover-all" pickguard really appeals to me on this guitar ... somehow it makes it look "metal" without all the over done sharp points and edges. In other words, MEAN ... but still classy! [biggrin]

Have you ever owned a "V" before? I had never even played one until I tried (and bought) a Korina '58 last spring. They are amazingly light and comfortable guitars to play. I was very surprised at how much I liked it.

Good luck with the new axe and, as always, post some pics when you get your hands on it!

Jim

Here's what it looked like when I first got it:

SANY0014-1.jpg

... and after I got all the "black" off of it!

SANY0049-1.jpg

Looks GOOD' date=' Rewd!

That "cover-all" pickguard really appeals to me on this guitar ... somehow it makes it look "metal" without all the over done sharp points and edges. In other words, MEAN ... but still classy! [biggrin

Have you ever owned a "V" before? I had never even played one until I tried (and bought) a Korina '58 last spring. They are amazingly light and comfortable guitars to play. I was very surprised at how much I liked it.

Good luck with the new axe and, as always, post some pics when you get your hands on it!

Jim

Here's what it looked like when I first got it:

SANY0014-1.jpg

... and after I got all the "black" off of it!

SANY0049-1.jpg

Thanks man I'm sure it will sound good and I'll provide pics this weekend. P. s. Really went on a jones this year! I have never owned a V before but I need lighter guitars because of my back. Oh by the way I like your Korina V I had a Hamer Korina Explorer and had to sell because of access to upper frets and my small hands.

I know this is an EPI forum But some of you might appreciate this Gibson I just ordered. Only 400 ever made and it didn't sell well I got it for $1000 US any opinions? Fast neck' date=' Ebony fingerboard. 496R/500T pups

[img']http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab80/Rewddawg1/DSMMSECH1_1.jpg[/img]

Lucky man Reddawg! Looks like one of Mustaine's later Jackson models.

I'm GASing for a Gibson V myself. The shorter scale suits me.

Alan

Lucky man Reddawg! Looks like one of Mustaine's later Jackson models.

I'm GASing for a Gibson V myself. The shorter scale suits me.

Alan

Good eye V's are an animal of their own. I've playd lots of standards and they are great even some sharp edge V's by Esp, Jackson etc. but those sharp edges are accidents in waiting.

MIDI!

You didn't get ALL the black off your V... Pup rings..... they're mocking you aren't they??[crying]

I'm actually kind of torn on the subject, Musik ...

I know I should probably switch them out ... but to what color? Cream would really not match the rest of the guitar ... and I sort of like the way the black sets off the gold on the pups. I'm open to suggestions though ... got any?

Jim

I dunno' date=' black pickguard maybe? Keep it multi-ply though. That might actually look pretty sweet with those gold knobs and gold wood. It would also match the black of the headstock. Aww hell, I may have to refinish mine now...[/quote']

Cool! I'll leave mine be until I see how yours turns out! [biggrin]

Jim

Congratz on a killer score !!!

Unless you WANT muddy' date=' overly bassy tones, you'll LOVE the bright/sharp ceramic 496r/500t p'ups.

I love mine ! it's a Gibby too........

[img'][/img]GarysCam027.jpg

Thanks Bender, I agree I tend to stick to ceramic mag pups myself too. Alnico mags don't seem to hold up to distortion well.

Archived