Gibson Brands Forums

Emmylou alert!!

ajsc

My father always had a thing for her. I thought she was okay until when they honored Bill Monroe, some kind of lifetime achievement award, who knows.... But anyway, she brought him up on stage and danced with him. The poor old fart could barely move and she was dragging him all over the stage. I was waiting for him to drop dead right then and there. I haven't been much of a fan since. I always thought Bill Monroe was a nasty old bugger that was full of himself but cripes, don't KILL him!

So for any Emmylou fans that have more money than they know what to do with, I present an opportunity of a lifetime:

Big Blonde, Big Bucks

Being killed by Emmylou would be the next best thing to dying in your sleep!!

I think it was Grunn, who had 1 of Rodney Crowell's J-200's a few years ago for $150,000. (maybe more than a few yr)

I remember Emmy, & a few others who came along, during the disco years, & feeling that the music wasn't dead after all!!

I remember Emmy' date=' & a few others who came along, during the disco years, & feeling that the music wasn't dead after all!![/quote']

The Music wasn't dead in the disco years Paul, it was just crying in agony! (<<<<IMHO)

I was crying in agony too!! I mean even the Grateful Dead made a disco album. I was pretty sure the world was ending. Country music sucked too!!

Then along came Emmylou, with( The Hot band) showing the world what music could be!!

Archived