Gibson Brands Forums

When did Masterbilts go into production?

philr

Hello fellow forum users,

I have a question. Does anyone know when the Masterbilt series started getting produced?

I recently bought a used DR500R that I find outstanding. The serial number is G03100033. I've googled around a bit and I believe the serial number indicates:

G = Qingdao, China

03 = 2003

10 = October

0033 = 33rd instrument of the production run

I'm thinking that this makes this particular DR500R a very early one, but I'm not really sure. Maybe someone who knows a bit of Masterbilt histroy can shed some light on this for me? Has anyone seen any older serial numbers?

Phil

Hello fellow forum users' date='

I have a question. Does anyone know when the Masterbilt series started getting produced?

I recently bought a used DR500R that I find outstanding. The serial number is G03100033. I've googled around a bit and I believe the serial number indicates:

G = Qingdao, China

03 = 2003

10 = October

0033 = 33rd instrument of the production run

I'm thinking that this makes this particular DR500R a very early one, but I'm not really sure. Maybe someone who knows a bit of Masterbilt histroy can shed some light on this for me? Has anyone seen any older serial numbers?

Phil[/quote']

I believe the Masterbilts first show up in the Epiphone 2004 catalog, so you may be right that they began to built in late 2003. I have a DR500M is the serial number that starts with G0402..., and I bought it in October of 2004.

Red 333

Archived