Gibson Brands Forums

Would these fit an agile as 1000?

fenrirlupus

I'm pretty sure they do. Someone on the Agile forum said the that pup rings from Stewmac fit Agiles. I need to get a set of straight black ones for an Agile Hawker that I just bought. I bought a set of rings from Rondo when I got my guitar, but they were carved. I got a set of AllParts rings at the guitar shop, but they didn't match perfectly. I got them on, but one of the pickups is a little crooked. I think I may try a set from Stemac too. You can always send them back, they are good about returns.

I'm pretty sure they do. Someone on the Agile forum said the that pup rings from Stewmac fit Agiles. I need to get a set of straight black ones for an Agile Hawker that I just bought. I bought a set of rings from Rondo when I got my guitar' date=' but they were carved. I got a set of AllParts rings at the guitar shop, but they didn't match perfectly. I got them on, but one of the pickups is a little crooked. I think I may try a set from Stemac too. You can always send them back, they are good about returns.[/quote']

Well, i'm asking about the radius... I wouldn't see any other potential problem...

And I had already posted a couple of threads about it in the agile forum before I posted this one...

Well' date=' i'm asking about the radius... I wouldn't see any other potential problem...

And I had already posted a couple of threads about it in the agile forum before I posted this one...[/quote']

You could always write or call Kurt at Rondo Music. He's good about answering questions.

He doesn't know...

But I found these http://store.guitarfetish.com/pagoplbrpiri.html and from the description it sounds like they can easily be bent to fit... doesn't sound like a product I could return though...

You can return them, you just have to pay shipping, which really isn't worth it for what you are buying. All the rings I've gotten from GFS have fit my Agiles and Epis perfectly.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware' date='_parts/Electric_guitar:_Covers_plates/Metal_Humbucker_Mounting_Rings_For_Arched_Bodies.html

yes, i said AS 1000... AS is their 335 knockoff, not the les paul... I want to get an AS 1000 and [b']put q-tuner pickups in it, but i still want gold around the pickups.[/b]..

If you want to mount Q-tuners in the AS1000, you may have some custom work to do. The standard humbucker

p_up rings will probably not fit these slightly oversize p_ups.

If you go to their (Q-tuners)gallery, you will see that most of the customs shown are directly mounted

onto the solid body with 4 screws.

The GL 6 appears to have a adjustable mount for the humbucker height adjustment, but the picture shown with

one mounted shows a custom wooden p_up ring expressly made for it and the guitar.

The GL-6 is standard humbucker-sized and takes standard PU-rings. The custom made humbucker-ring in the pic is purely estheticly motivated.

The GL-6 DM model is d-irect m-ounted with 4 screws in the corners and comes slightly oversized.

The GL-6 is standard humbucker-sized and takes standard PU-rings. The custom made humbucker-ring in the pic is purely estheticly motivated.

The GL-6 DM model is d-irect m-ounted with 4 screws in the corners and comes slightly oversized.

Would one of those direct mount pickups use the same screw holes as a regular pickup ring?

I suppose i shouldn't bother asking though... it's flat on the bottom, so it'd probably be best to use a regular gl-6 with an archtop...

Would one of those direct mount pickups use the same screw holes as a regular pickup ring?

No, the whole GL6 DM PU routing just about rids the old humbucker screwholes. The new screwholes fall inside. Hope that makes sense.

Here's the technical drawing if you want to make sure: http://www.q-tuner.com/sizes/GL%20direct%20mount%20dims.pdf

Archived