Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EpiEric

Tak Matsumoto DC Custom

Guest icantbuyafender

I need another guitar like i need another hole in my head.

But, a PROPER Double Cut LP std. would be great.

A Ebay seller in Japan informed me he can get some if the interest is there.He is a Ebay rated Power Seller with 2350 transactions and a 100% positive rating.He wanted me to let those interested they may contact him about it.His seller name is "meestursparkle".He has a Gibson Tak Matsumoto Double Cut listed on Ebay right now(item # 200495259065).I may get one myself!Cheers.

Yeah,the cuts are alittle different,but the spec's on it are nice.It has a long neck tennon joint which I don't believe even the Gibson LP Double Cut has.I believe it comes stock with a bone nut and US made pickups and hardware.I recently bought a NOS Elitist Tak Matsumoto Les Paul and it has the long tennon and came with a bone nut perfectly cut.I swapped the tone cap's out for a set of RS Guitarworks/Jensen pio cap's but those are the only mod's I've done to it.I was originally thinking I would swap the Gibson Burstbucker 1 and 2 out for something else,but after installing the new cap's I changed my mind.The tone,resonance and sustain are what I've been wanting for a long time.

After the third topic about this nice guitar perhaps "Epi1" will give us the answer?

Peter

i believe he said at one point that it was tak's request that they be for the japanese market..?not sure though, and really, i'm tired of hearing about them if they're not going to be available on this side of the planet [cursing] i don't wanna know about it if i'm not allowed to have it!

i believe he said at one point that it was tak's request that they be for the japanese market..?not sure though, and really, i'm tired of hearing about them if they're not going to be available on this side of the planet [cursing] i don't wanna know about it if i'm not allowed to have it!

It makes that much more special if you have something no-one else has.

there have been a few threads recently about signature guitars..... I think i would actually buy this one, it looks really nice.

To each their own, while it looks nice I much prefer a PRS for a double cut. The old Epi sig Tak is an awesome guitar and you might be able to find a used one here in the states for what it would cost to buy and ship one from Japan. Just a thought.

Picture060.jpg?t=1289742468

Picture069.jpg?t=1289742489

elitistlpback.jpg?t=1289742534

prsandlesters.jpg?t=1289742580