Gibson Brands Forums

Tweed Case for an Epi Dove????

Paulocon

Hi all, just wanted to know if anyone has bought or seen a 'tweed effect' hard case that will fit an Epi Dove acoustic guitar. I know the Edread case fits most of the Epi acoustic range, but I just fancied a more vintage tweedy look for my new baby - but I think I am right in saying that the Dove is a non standard dreadnought shape etc and may not fit most other cases. Can anyone help please!!!

regards

Paulocon

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one to fit my Yamaha Dread. Fits perfectlty with a bit of extra head space in the headstock area.

The tweed is actual fabric. I'm concerned about the fabric becoming snagged by a door-way. I plan to 'seal' it with a thin coat of clear lacquer, probably a matte finish. We're supposed to get blowing snow this Thursday evening that will probably snarl the roads for the weekend. I'll probably try to do it then.

I had a jamming friend say it 'strobed' a bit and was hard to look at in fluorescent lighting. [biggrin]

Near as I can figure a Dove / Hummingbird is a Dreadnaught. Some 'vintage' Epis had a particulary long head stock that rivaled 12 strings. If yours is new, then it head stock size shouldn't be a problem.

I had a jamming friend say it 'strobed' a bit and was hard to look at in fluorescent lighting. [biggrin]

I have that problem with my Strat case... I can't look at it for too long.

I've never had a problem with the tweed, however, and it's a Musician's Gear case. The issue I have is the white piping around the edge. It's beginning to crack and break.

I bought one to fit my Yamaha Dread. Fits perfectlty with a bit of extra head space in the headstock area....

The 'one' I referred to is a Musican's Friend, Musician's Gear, Dreadnaught case. I had a link in my post but apparently a link to MF ist verboten. You'll have to navegate there yourself. They come in tweed and just-like-everboyd-else's black.

MF also caries the Epiphone branded cases, but do not offer them in tweed.

Yeah, I have seen the cases at MF - but unfortunately they won't ship to the UK (don't know why, but they say at this moment they can't deliver but possibly in the near future)!!

So I'm stuck with looking around the Uk and Europe - but there seems to be a lack of tweed cases manufacturers elsewhere for some bizarre reason!

So any further help - please advise.

Cheers

Maybe i mucked up. We'll see if your link stays.

If Musiciansfriend won't ship over seas try Music123. They carry the same cases. Since, it appears, "Musicans Gear" is not, as I erroneously suspected, an MF house brand, surely there is a MF or Music123 like internet purveyor in the UK. Any Brits have any idea?

Amazon.com sells the MG cases. Does Amazon ship to the UK?

Archived