Gibson Brands Forums

Got Me A Texan For Christmas

taxman

These Texans seem to be hard to find. I guess I'm lucky because Santa had one in the North Pole that he dropped off to me. Very nice looking guitar with a clean crisp sound. I'm liking it already.

The EDREAD cases for these guitars are hard to come by (back-ordered until March, I'm told), so I bought one of those Musician's Gear cases. The color scheme goes beautifully with the Texan.

texan006.jpg

texan004.jpg

welcome to the club!

Yeah' date=' and right now because these Texans are hard to come by, it is a rather small club. So glad I got mine.

Have to say it is miles above my other Epi acoustic - the John Lennon 160-e. This Texan is so crisp and bright...and I still have the stock strings on her! The neck is super nice, my Texan plays beautifully. I was going to add a strap button, but decided I'll keep her as is. I'm really liking her as is. A very fun guitar to play. Love this guy already.

[img']http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/taxmanharrison/epiacou1use.jpg[/img]

Its really strange but my texan' date=' which I've had for a couple of months now, just seems to get better everyday. Alot of guitar for the price.

[/quote']

Very well said Sir! +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had this strange feeling about this guitar being "superior to the other Epi acoustics" and I was soooo right, it's not the stock, ugly-looking Dove that sits in the store for years, this is a new league and I hope Epiphone continues chosing that path!

I'm so in love with mine...! Get yourselfs one while you still can, you won't regret it!

BTW: The pickup's cool too! I've read that it's a pickup which would normally be used for classical (spanish) guitars. I've noticed that when I had both Bass and Treble on full, you can make your Texan sound like a spanish guitar but if you set both Bass and Treble on 0 you get the full Texan Western shizzle! It's really fun to play around with!

Archived