Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Bluesmaster

myztk

I have a '94' natural just like Keb Mo's. I not only love this little instrument, it changed my playing style and made me a complete 12 fret convert. Sure, it's a little boxy sounding, but 9 times out of 10 its the one I turn to for the sheer enjoyment of playing. It really does take a licking and keeps on ticking!

Any other Bluesmaster fans/owners out there?

I have a '94' natural just like Keb Mo's. I not only love this little instrument' date=' it changed my playing style and made me a complete 12 fret convert. Sure, it's a little boxy sounding, but 9 times out of 10 its the one I turn to for the sheer enjoyment of playing. It really does take a licking and keeps on ticking!

Any other Bluesmaster fans/owners out there?[/quote']

Ohmyohmyohmy, yes, indeed! Been writing about it in these here pages form time to time, too!

Played one for a set at an open mic that belonged to a buddy and fell in love instantly. Everything just SO right for finger-pickin' blues--even that "boxy" sound you mention.

These are extremely rare birds! Cherish yours and don't let any nasty ol' rounder (like the present author) ever talk you into parting with it!

And, HEY, EPI! BRING IT BACK!!!!

PS--Agree about 12-fretters. Got the Masterbilt cedar-12 myself.

Well here's the bad news, I had TWO! One natural and one sunburst. In a delirious moment of GAS I let the sunburst go to buy a Collings 00 12 fret. Now that was a stunning instrument. But it was almost too nice to play. I didn't even want to breathe on it!! I finally came to my senses and went back the the workhorse of the Bluesmaster!

Don't worry bloozeguy, this one goes with me to the grave...:-$

Well here's the bad news' date=' I had TWO! One natural and one sunburst. In a delirious moment of GAS I let the sunburst go to buy a Collings 00 12 fret. Now that was a stunning instrument. But it was almost too nice to play. I didn't even want to breathe on it!! I finally came to my senses and went back the the workhorse of the Bluesmaster!

Don't worry bloozeguy, this one goes with me to the grave...:-$ [/quote']

how about a picture?

My opinion' date=' for what it is worth, I like the Epi Bluesmaster a whole lot more than Keb Mo's pop blues. One of the best Epi acoustics to ever roll out of the factory. They will give quite a few guitars costing a whole lot more scratch a serious run for their money. [/quote']

+1 on your first sentence! And the rest, too!

Not sure how to get the image in the body of the text. Posted as an Avatar for now.

I tried a copy and paste and I tried the image insert' date=' but it doesn't ask for a file. Tips anyone?[/quote']

Awwww...lookit that l'il sweetie!

eagerly awaiting the full-sized pic

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a '94' natural just like Keb Mo's. I not only love this little instrument, it changed my playing style and made me a complete 12 fret convert. Sure, it's a little boxy sounding, but 9 times out of 10 its the one I turn to for the sheer enjoyment of playing. It really does take a licking and keeps on ticking!

Any other Bluesmaster fans/owners out there?

Hey there Myztk!

I have the exact same guitar, 1994 natural. I love that little guitar so much, it has a coveted space on my living room wall. After I saw the Keb Mo' video, I knew I had to have one. I searched high and low, and before I found it, I bought a Masterbilt EF-500R. I do not regret buying either of those guitars!

Enjoy those Epi's!

Pete

2701ca28.jpg

Archived