Gibson Brands Forums

strings for AJ-45?

dean_martin

I'd like to get the deep, dark tone back with my Epi AJ-45. I have no idea what strings came on it originally. Anyone know what strings the AJ-45 shipped with or where I can find out? Or, can you recommend a set?

After playing electric for several years, I have favorite strings. The AJ-45 is my first acoustic (bought new 2 years ago) and I'm still looking for "favorite" strings.

I'd like to get the deep' date=' dark tone back with my Epi AJ-45. I have no idea what strings came on it originally. Anyone know what strings the AJ-45 shipped with or where I can find out? Or, can you recommend a set?

After playing electric for several years, I have favorite strings. The AJ-45 is my first acoustic (bought new 2 years ago) and I'm still looking for "favorite" strings. [/quote']

Gibson Masterbuilt Phosphor Bronze 12's.

Thanks guys. Email the company. What a concept!

Seriously, I loved the tone of this guitar when I first got it. When it came time to change the strings I tried a set of Blue Steels I had picked up at a music shop's going out of business sale. They were not the right fit for the AJ-45. I have a set of Elixirs based on the Guitar Center guy's recommendation but I want to try to find the factory strings. Looks like I came to the right place!

Archived