Gibson Brands Forums

Spotting Fake Epiphone Les Pauls

gearhead

After more than two years seeing this issue come up again and again, it seems that it isn't very important to Gibson/Epiphone, considering the surprising lack of information posted on their corporate web sites. Perhaps they are afraid that too much publicity will cause potential buyers to avoid the brands altogether.

In any case, it is the buyer's responsibility to do necessary research before such an important and expensive purchase. Such "due diligence" applies to any such purchase, and careful, critical thinking is the best insurance.

After more than two years seeing this issue come up again and again' date=' it seems that it isn't very important to Gibson/Epiphone, considering the surprising lack of information posted on their corporate web sites. Perhaps they are afraid that too much publicity will cause potential buyers to avoid the brands altogether.

In any case, it is the buyer's responsibility to do necessary research [i']before[/i] such an important and expensive purchase. Such "due diligence" applies to any such purchase, and careful, critical thinking is the best insurance.

You know Ron that is a REALLY good point. Maybe a bunch of us should start sending emails to Gibson DEMANDING as loyal Gibson/Epiphone owners that they post detailed information, such as measurements, photos etc to help people stay away from the fakes that are floating around and being mass produced. In fact i'm going to be sure to send an email today!

I've seen a couple people questioning the authenticity of their guitars and found a thread on the Les Paul Forum that has some great insight. It's worth taking a look at!

Here's the link:

The Fake Epiphone Thread II

All well and good..but the fakers can also access these web sites, note the differences

pointed out, and correct them in the next batch..

..so the differences pointed out are not always going to be that way in the future.

These people can read and improve things as well, don't kid yourselves.

Archived