Gibson Brands Forums

Wildkat

myztk

I have a Wildkat which I think was made in Korea. Mine had the original tremolo removed so I bought a true Bigsby. I have read on the internet that the original bigsby has a problem staying in tune. I have upgraded it to SD P90's and it sounds so much better. However I did have to bore out the wood under the neck pickup to get the new pickup to fit. I still need to Modify the Bridge pickup cover because is sitting to close to the strings. They some times will touch the pickup screws . Over all I like the Wild kat. I espescially like the master volume knob and the way you can adjust the volume on each pickup with their separate volume knobs. If you can get it for good price and want to upgrade it will be alot of fun to play.

Thanks. One thing I know I am looking for is an antique natural finish to match up with my little Bluesmaster here.

Hope you find a buyer for yours.

I believe that's the finish on the new ones, I know where one is in the Detroit area, they're asking $500 with no case.

Check out Ebay. There are several natural finished ones for sale right now at either auction or the "buy it now "option. You can ask the sellers where the guitar was made. Mine was manufactured in Indonesia, and is SWEET!! You could get a great deal there and with case. Check it out. Good Luck. It is a very nice axe..

Archived