Gibson Brands Forums

One Happy Camper!!!

vern_s

I'm so glad that I listened to the folks at Gibson when they suggested that I join this forum. I was asking them a lot of questions on their myspace site about their LP’s and I guess they figured that all of you Lester players could answer my queries better than they could??? Or maybe…… they just didn’t want to be bothered by me anymore??? In any case, I’m extremely happy that they directed me here. I have learned a heck of a lot from most of the posts, and made my decision to purchase my sweet Worn Cherry VM (Summer, cuz that’s the day she joined my harem! LOL), because of all that I learned here about them. What an awesome axe!!! I just love it!!! When I first got it I played it until my fingers were so sore that I could hardly touch anything with them, but I didn’t stop there! I continued to play until they went numb and they still haven’t recovered because I haven’t been able to put it down!!! In fact, it’s in my lap as I type; I couldn’t be more pleased, really! I once heard it to be described as a “TONE MONSTER!!!”… bingo!!!

I was set up fairly well out of the box, but with a new set of Boomers, and a bit of tweaking, I’ve got her playing like a dream! Ok, enough babble, eusa_listen.gif I could go on and on about the li’l beauty, but I think y’all get the point, I’m in love!!! LOL

P.S. I was laying in bed the other night watching a bit of tube and going through some scales when I decided to take a break and I laid Summer in between me and my sweetie, well as NeoConMan once said, I got “the look!” (My sweetie says that she’s only my mistress and that my guitars are my first love! It’s not true though, I love my sweetie with all of my heart, but they do run a close second!!!) It didn’t take a bat upside the noggin to figure out that that wasn’t the thing to do and she was promptly hung in her wall hanger! But only for 15 min. or so, until I just couldn’t take it anymore and I snatched her up and headed to the music room to do some more shredding!

Welcome aboard, glad you happy with your Lester. I guess it was probably not a good idea to lay her down in bed with you, the better half usually don't like sharing. Go figure.

I see you have several postings here, so you should know it is customary to post pics. Be proud, these are great instruments.

111hwte.jpg

o8s5qe.jpg

2mglhq8.jpg

oh yeah it is amaizing. that is my sheraton in the first pic. i just got done setting up the les paul, i can't wait to plug it into my marshall,(only plugged into my crap practice amp since my marshall is in my band's practice room which is downstairs. ill let you guys know how it sounds through the marshall. yours is awesome man i love faded finishes

yours is awesome man i love faded finishes

Thanks bro, I really like the faded honeyburst of yours as well, very sweet!!! My old band mate just bought a faded cherryburst and they are awesome axes hey? They have the Burstbucker Pro's like my VM and I just love the tone I get out of mine. I was reading in the Gibson owner's manual that the pups without the covers are hotter sounding. Quote: "In addition, some Les Paul’s have humbuckers without the metal cover pieces, which results in a hotter signal.” This may be the case, but I still love the sound of mine. I guess maybe I’ll have to get together with old Geoffrey and cut heads with our Lesters just for fun some time. I think that that will be my next Gibson as well, the faded cherryburst, I too love the faded finishes, SWEET!!!!

Rock on bro!

Vern

heres a little tip i have found useful. whenever you look at you guitar and cream your pants' date=' it makes a good polish, and leaves your les paul shining.[/quote']

And here I've been spending a fortune on expensive guitar polishes, who would have known???

I was just wondering if you put the trust rod cover back on upside down on purpose?

yeah i think it looks cool, cause it looks like the headstock shape

and it is a 1991 sheraton II I replaced almost everything on it. it has all new wiring and electronics, a new 57 classic plus PAF pup in the bridge and the stock pup in the neck and i got grover tuners on it and i flipped the truss rod cover on it, just cause i thought the white looked cool

yeah i think it looks cool' date=' cause it looks like the headstock shape[/quote']

Ok, I never looked at it that way, but I see your point. Hey, like the old saying goes, "what ever blows your hair back!"

yea i always have to tweak atleast one thing on all of my guitars to make them personall

oh and i took the knobs on my sheraton from my fender frontman crap amp

Very cool! I'm a goldsmith/sculptor/carver and I'm going to start making nuts, saddles and bridge pins from mammoth ivory, I will definitely be putting a custom nut on my VM, I'll post pics when I'm done. I have a Charvette that I'm going to customize in a woolly mammoth motif for the paint and the control knobs(mammoth feet), selector knob(a tusk) and truss rod cover(mammoth skull) will all be hand carved from mammoth ivory. I even ran across one of Charvels old painters from the mid 80’s to do the paint, way cool hey?

Archived