Gibson Brands Forums

baby jumbos

bill67

Not sure if Washburn is still maikng those checked their site and couldn't find them on the home page so if you are thinking about getting one you might do it sooner then later adn yes they are different then their past Washburn Jumbos the middle bout is a touch smaller and I think the whole instrument is thinner.Ship

I think Gibson still offers the J-200 Emmy Lou Harris guitar which is a downsized J-200.

At one time they had a J-200 Junior. There was also the J-185 which was about 1 inch narrower with a bit overall shorter length than a J-200. If I recall it was also a long scale.

I see washburn has baby jumbos are they much differenced than a regular jumbo' date='I don't know if other companies make them? [/quote']

Seagull has a rather nice one, esp. if you like that soft Seagull sound. GC carries them at about $350.

Gibson also has (or is it "had"?) the CJ165. CJ stands for "Compact Jumbo"--something to put in your book of contradictions! Comes in both rosewood and maple bodies. I love the maple, and playing it got me started on my guitar search which eventually ended in a Masterbilt AJ500RC12fret. Go figure, but I ended up saving about $1500!

I played a Emmy Lou Harris J200. It's only 'jumbo' in shape. It's reduced size quiets it down a might. Most times the 'star' vocalist wears a guit tar on stage only as a prop.

I prefer my broken down FT145SB to the E.L.H. J200. However, the ELH J200 makes a nice parlor guit tar.

Archived