Gibson Brands Forums

"Epiphone by Gibson" headstock Sheraton owners club

Hi there.

I'm happy to anounce, that yesterday I finally get my own Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton, here's the listing with some photos from preovius owner:

ebay listing - click!

I'm from Poland and I'm pretty shure, that's the only one such Sherie in my country, i didn't hear about any other owner. I'll put some my own pictures as soon as I'll have camera.

Sorry for my english

Hi there.

I'm happy to anounce' date=' that yesterday I finally get my own Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton, here's the listing with some photos from preovius owner:

ebay listing - click!

I'm from Poland and I'm pretty shure, that's the only one such Sherie in my country, i didn't hear about any other owner. I'll put some my own pictures as soon as I'll have camera.

Sorry for my english

Welcome slawek looks like a November 1988 model post some photos and you can be number 5 in the club. E-by-G's must be like buses you wait for ages then two come along at the same time.......:)

Edit: Sorry slawek, it was the other E-by-G that was a November....yours is indeed an August 88.....

Serial number is 880802010, so it's August 1988, it has sticker and strange bridge with non-standard distance between the bolts, so everything looks original :)

Once uppon a time I owned Yamaha SA 2000S (guitar on my avatar) and I was so stupid that I sold her, hardly to say, but Sherie isn't as good as Yamaha (but it's close). Sherrie needs some luthier to do some magic and regulations and I hope it will be as good as Yammie some day :)

Welcome here' date=' slawek

you got it at a fantastic price IMO

Congrats!

Peter[/quote']

Yes indeed I paid €274 for my E-by-G without a case (my Thomann case arrived yesterday, not impressed...:) ) Slawek did you get that case in photos with your E-by-G €325 would be a great price if you got the case as well...?

Yes indeed I paid €274 for my E-by-G without a case (my Thomann case arrived yesterday' date=' not impressed...:) ) Slawek did you get that case in photos with your E-by-G €325 would be a great price if you goot the case as well...?

[/quote']

Yes, the price was the best bargain in the universe, i paid €380 with shipment :) the case were included, but I think I'm gonna buy a harder one, this one is only a hard foam covered with canvas, it's very light and comfortable to carry, but I want some "hardcore protection"

Welcome to the E-by-G club brother slawek :)

We have 6,362 registered forum members and have had 3,268 visits to this thread.

Astounding........still only have 4 proven owners of "Epiphone by Gibson" Sheratons on this forum.

1986 E-by-G's

NaturalScience2112 (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 2 (tobacco, sn:6066698))

Musikron (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 1 (natural, sn:6094580))

1987 E-by-G's

JoeSamick (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 3 (tobacco, sn:70105418))

1988 E-by-G's

slawek (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 4 (tobacco, sn:880802010))

who own "Epiphone by Gibson" Sheratons (samick build 1986-1988) with the

ebg.jpg

Headstock

Beautiful slawek

Looks in very nice condition for what you paid.

Mine has a few chips and dings but nothing that off putting to me...yours otherwise looks identical to mine.

The whole reason of having this thread, is to share notes, and do a little research on the Sheraton's of this E-by-G period.

I am sure you have read all the posts on the thread but there are advantages of owning an E-by-G, cavity access if you want to change out the electrics, long tenon neck joint, etc...

How does she play is the guitar all stock...?

Well, about that, today I put the pickups out and there was no cavity under the bridge pickup, or I was so happy and excited that I forgot or didn't notice, that it was there. When Sherie arived she looked much worse, I cleaned and polished her and now she's shining, there are few scratches on the back but nothing major.

As I wrote, guitar needs regulation, action isn't perfect (I've already strenthen the neck rod slightly and it's better then it was, but I will let luthier to do it perfect). I'm going to do some bridge upgrade/repair. The bolt, which holds the E6 saddle is broken, and the whole bridge is to high (bolts are screwed to the end). I want to buy roller saddles which should eliminate this problem [confused]

Guitar is stock and sounds BRILLIANT, much, much, MUCH better then my preovius Fernandes Monterey Deluxe with SH4 and SH2, Sherie has a soul, Fernandes hasn't. With my amp It's what I dreamed about, I love sligtly overdriven crunchy sound of them.

I want to try Gbisons 57' Classics, but will see if there is any difference.

I am thinking about this painting too (love Oasis):

noel_maineroad.jpg

PLEASE PLEASE DON'T PAINT THAT GUITAR!!!

Buy a Supernova or a new Chinese Sherry if you wanna do that' date=' but the one you have is a very fine guitar, please do ruin it for future generations. Not to mention you will make it worthless for resale.[/quote']

+1

Yeah, but that's Supernova, I don't like this headstock, Sheratons headstock is Jessica Alba of headstocks, this one looks more like drunk, stinking man without a teeth.

What is curious, Noel never played Supernova [confused] his guitar is 60's Sheraton

Tobacco definitely isn't in my top 10, IF I decide to paint it, I won't do it by myself, only the high-class luthier and the high-class lacquer.

slawek

The guitar is yours do what you feel you need to do, but some very experienced guys on this forum would advise you against refinishing a guitar, unless it is done by a master Luthier, with the very best of equipment, paints lacquers, etc and ideal premises to carry out the work.

Maybe you know a master Luthier.

I wish I could just find a Luthier......

I am interested in what you said, about you think there is no bridge pickup cavity in your guitar.

August 88. yours is the latest of the E-by-G's we have knowledge of, and it would be interesting to see what is inside your neck and bridge routes, to compare with the earlier models.

Mine is January 87, and has the cavity and long tenon.

Would be good to see if there is a change in design, when it was introduced.

Here are a few pics I took today..... I haven't played this one in a long time.... It needs a little work.... Last time I played out with it' date=' I busted out the bridge pickup ring.... Other than that it is a real dream to play....

[img']http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2616/img0149te.jpg[/img]

These streaks running down the neck, camera flash, or some bad finish work?

Nice git.

Welcome to the E-by-G club brother Toredown #-o

We have 6,365 registered forum members and have had 3,444 visits to this thread.

Astounding........still only have 5 proven owners of "Epiphone by Gibson" Sheratons on this forum.

1986 E-by-G's

NaturalScience2112 (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 2 (tobacco, sn:6066698))

Musikron (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 1 (natural, sn:6094580))

1987 E-by-G's

JoeSamick (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 3 (tobacco, sn:70105418))

1988 E-by-G's

Toredown (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 5 (tobacco, sn:80202658))

slawek (E-by-G Sheraton owners club # 4 (tobacco, sn:880802010))

who own "Epiphone by Gibson" Sheratons (samick build 1986-1988) with the

ebg.jpg

Headstock

The guitar looks way better than the photos suggest.... The flash was giving me a heck of a time.... I'll need to take some more without the flash... My lighting situation sucks at best.....

Good work Toredown, I am sure you have read all the posts and it would be good if you could give us some cross reference on your guitar. How it plays, any modifications.

What would be useful, if you ever have the pickups out for any reason to take photos of the neck and bridge routes so we can compare to earlier and later E-by-G's.

Welcome

What do you mean' date=' you don't like the Sherry headstock of that Supernova one?[/quote']

I love Sheratons headstock, I don't like Supernovas

I am interested in what you said' date=' about you think there is no bridge pickup cavity in your guitar.

August 88. yours is the latest of the E-by-G's we haaave knowledge of, and it would be interesting to see what is inside your neck and bridge routes, to compare with the earlier models.

Mine is January 87, and has the cavity and long tenon.

Would be good to see if there is a change in design, when it was introduced.[/quote']

Will take some photos afternoon, now I have to leave.