Gibson Brands Forums

"Epiphone by Gibson" headstock Sheraton owners club

Hiya, I recently purchased a Sheraton by Gibson,  according to the serial number it was made 1986 or 19996 or 2006. I am keen to know which is correct. Judging by the patenna on the p/u and tuners, is is defo NOT 2006. Any suggestions please how I can more accurately confirm its age.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:04 AM, Jazzivano said:

Hiya, I recently purchased a Sheraton by Gibson,  according to the serial number it was made 1986 or 19996 or 2006. I am keen to know which is correct. Judging by the patenna on the p/u and tuners, is is defo NOT 2006. Any suggestions please how I can more accurately confirm its age.

If it says Epiphone by Gibson on the headstock. It is 100% 86 from the years you've given. They didn't put that on the headstock in 96 or 06.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ALAN SKEGGS said:

hi i bought mine in the early 70,s in cornwall as i had my gibson stolen and this was the nearest i could get ,and have treasured it ever since ,gigging with it for 50 years ,still sounds good!!!!

DSCF4090.JPG

Early 70's? They weren't made then. 85 is believed to be the beginning of these.

• 6 months later...
On 1/15/2010 at 11:37 PM, Guest said:

6,006 registered members on this forum and this thread has had 162 views and to date the list of owners of Sheratons with the "Epiphone by Gibson" headstock is two people

Musikron

JoeSamick

come on there must be more people out there who have this headstock on their Sherri's

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae271/JoeSamick/ebg.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2023 at 2:43 AM, Jimmy Neureuthe said:

Hi. I am not a member but just stumbled on this by accident. I have a Sheraton II in natural finish. It has gold hardware and does say Epiphone by Gibson on the headstock. How do I join this club?

You are in !

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone, 

I'll make this short, I'm selling my Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton from 1988. Has been a great guitar, but with fatherhood on the way, it's time to lighten the herd. A bit of history, I'm the third owner, but both players live around my area and have done a good job keeping it well in check. The guitar has signs of ageing, the pickguard needs a little tightening, but it's in good Nic. Like any old guitar, there are a few signs of wear; but I've got lots of pictures to give you a good look. No neck breaks, or major issues, guitat plays and sounds fantastic.  The only change is the pickups (unfortunately the first owner lost them in a house move), however, I've done the groundwork and can tell you after doing the readings that they are Manhatten HSP90s. I directly contacted Bareknuckle and they confirmed this for me. These pickups aren't made anymore and are very special in themselves.  

The original case can come with it, but the latches need replacing/fixing. I'm looking for US$1650 + shipping. I'm happy to ship it with or without the case, but just note these old cases are very heavy, so would add to the shipping. 

I'll leave my email here: muzyk.david@gmail.com for anyone who wants to reach out. Happily accept PayPal, I want you to feel confident in buying the guitar. 

I'll send pictures on request, but as I said, I have heaps. 

Shoutout to this group, it's one of the original reasons I tracked one down. 

For the hosts reference, because I know you're trying to note them all down: my one's number is 880705723. 

Cheers, 

David

• 2 months later...

I have a tabacco burst E by G Sheraton No. 71108168 - gold hardware. ‘87 I presume, based on the posts here. It’s a beaut.

I also have a new Epi ´inspired by G’ 335 as an indulgence - and  it’s not as good!