Gibson Brands Forums

i think my epi les paul custom is faked & copy!!! please help!!

steveyo2010

hello,

i have buy by ebay from england a epi les paul custom (black) from a 100% england user with paypal and "Bid it with confidence!!!14 days no-question-ask money back policy"

it looks great and have 3,8kg's !! but the 7x binding and the logo makes me little bit crazy... many user in the forum means its a copy...

can you help me? can you say me its a original or copy?

look for the pictures please at this thread:

http://www.musiker-board.de/vb/gitarrenmodelle/371948-ist-meine-epi-les-paul-custom-echt-oder-eine-kopie.html

thanks!!

yes new!

it was a offical auction by ebay with 6 bidders and my price was : £256.50 and £30 for shipping

that was the text:

Bid it with confidence!!!14 days no-question-ask money back policy

(No include postage)

You know it's price in the shop,Now let market give us its price!! Good luck!

The Epiphone Les Paul Custom electric guitar features gold hardware

and is a true classic.The classic tuxedo look and world famous features

that have made the Les Paul Custom a hit since 1954 are now available

in a great price rangewith the Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Multiple bound

body with arched top and gold hardware, a quick mahogany neck for great

action and feel and a solid, glued neck joint for stability and a great sustain

all come together to make this guitar one of thebest values on the market today.

Product Details:

2 Humbucking pickups

Gold hardware

Set neck

Mahogany neck

Rosewood fingerboard

Block inlays

Binding on neck and headstock

Mahogany and Alder body

Flame Maple top

Guaranteed Authenticity!!

guitar's serial numbers can be verified at

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx

I accept Paypal, personal cheque. collection welcome. Any questions just email me. good luck.

UK stock. Delivery takes 2 days.

We also require a contact number which will only be used incase the

courier has a problem locating your address.

not 210!! 256 pounds and shipping!

and i think the price can not say its orig or not' date=' ebay is most cheaper way..[/quote']

A few pounds cheaper... not half prize....

That guitar is about €509 at Thomann, which is probably the cheapest online and official Epi dealer in Europe.

i think not so, then for the 285 pfounds i must become a very better guitar as a bad copy from epi...

by the way i like the blackoutfit and the style of the les paul custom but i look for a harder tone, the write that the custom have a soft tone... is any epiphone LP avaible with the same look as the custom but with a harder tone?

There's loads of Les Pauls on (UK) ebay for less than £300.00 including several customs like this guy steveyo2010 has bought. I guess we're all in big trouble if they're all fakes, there must be dozens on ebay alone.

The end of one of the ad's caught my eye with what looks to me to be a classic bit of ChinGlish

"Our words:

We have this nice guitar in stock now, will despatch it within 2 working days after payment,

the serial number on the back of guitar head can be used to proof the geuine ID online

We also do return policy, customer can return it back within 14 days

but the guitar should be in original condition and package .

Hope people who loves music enjoy the melody of this epiphone with friends happily!!"

I think I've read that on a Chinese site somewhere, and almost all the sellers are desperate to show that you can prove that it's easy to confirm that it's genuine online. Not something I'd ever thought to put in an ad.

yes its very hard in the future for the epiphone... when gibson makes no reason to change this way, then im not the last person the buy a copy of epiphone....

i have also write gibson about that, and ask about fake or no fake - i hope next week is all cleared and know more...

i think not so' date=' then for the 285 pfounds i must become a very better guitar as a bad copy from epi...

by the way i like the blackoutfit and the style of the les paul custom but i look for a harder tone, the write that the custom have a soft tone... is any epiphone LP avaible with the same look as the custom but with a harder tone?[/quote']

By "harder" tone, do you mean like more "bite"? A little more treble? If you can find one with a maple top, not veneer, but solid maple top and maple neck you'll have it. The '68 Gibson LP Custom I had sounded "crisper" than the standards and such with full mahogany body and neck. It had a maple neck and top.

Looks like one of those infamous B-Stock rebadged deals.

The front of the headstock top looks slightly damaged.

My guess would be it's a B-Stock rebadge as the rest of the guitar really looks OK.

Unless my eyes are off today even the knobs line up, and it has the thumbwheels under the bridge....both of which are a good sign it's not a fake. Possibly just refried.

B-stock is not a fake. A factory B-stock is a guitar that for what ever reason, was rejected by Quality Control at the factory. Usually the reject is due to cosmetic flaws and not flaws effecting the guitars playability.

Think of it this way:

A-stock is the guitars that they charge full price on, ones you see in the stores.

B-stock is a factory second.

A guitar that has been stamped USED is a guitar that the factory got back due to imperfections that were beyond cosmetic (faulty wiring, bad pick up, or something to that effect) and the factory fixed and returned to the retail market.

I hope this helped.

Sheila

I don't know, it looks pretty nice. Does it play well? Sound good?

I mean, OK you thought you were buying the genuine article, but you only paid half price. I know you feel like you were taken, but if you can swallow that and if it's a nice quality guitar, does it really matter? If it's a piece of crap, which it doesn't look to be, then return it. I mean, at the end of the day, isn't an Epiphone Les Paul a copy of something in itself?

And who is really going to know? I don't think someone is going to run up on the stage during your gig and start shouting at you that your guitar is a fake. If it is in fact a fake.

I mean, if you dropped 2 grand on a supposed Gibson Les Paul and this arrived, you got a case. But to me, it looks real and I think you got a good deal on it.

And if everyone wants to yell at me, go for it. I can take it.

That tone will come more from your amp than your guitar

I agree with this, and was going to say the same thing....you won't be able to duplicate your heroes' tone just by changing the pickups. The amp (and how it is set) has a bigger influence than the pickups, in my opinion.

Cheers

Archived