Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody try the Fender Champion 600?

lpfan

Its a small 5 watt tube amp. I found one locally that I'm trying to score for $130 and it has the tubes upgraded(JJ tubes, fenders included too) and also a Weber alnico speaker too along with the original speaker and delivery too. I was looking for an amp smaller than the valve jr. because my office/jam room is really crowded right now. I plan an finishing my man cave this week. Anyway, anybody have any opinions or experiences on this little amp? Thanks.

[biggrin]

As I mostly play clean, and hardly ever overdriven, this was the best in the pack for me while I was searching.

Nice little amp, didn't take it home tho............[biggrin]

really wanted something with reverb in it.

fender 25r

same price, with a headphone jack, that sealed the deal for me.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Its a small 5 watt tube amp. I found one locally that I'm trying to score for $130 and it has the tubes upgraded(JJ tubes' date=' fenders included too) and also a Weber alnico speaker too along with the original speaker and delivery too. I was looking for an amp smaller than the valve jr. because my office/jam room is really crowded right now. I plan an finishing my man cave this week. Anyway, anybody have any opinions or experiences on this little amp? Thanks.[/quote']

Buy it. For that price with the JJs, the Weber and delivery. Buy it. It's a one trick pony, but a pretty cool pony. Plus it's lighter and smaller obviously. What is your "man cave"? Sounds like I need to get me one of these.

Thanks for all the opinions and info everybody. I gonna buy it tomoorow morning for $130. He said he had $230 in it by the time the amp, jj tube, and weber speaker. He's also including the original tube and original speaker too and delivery. I could not pass it up. I'll post pics of it tomorrow along with the valve jr. I bought last week.

don't hate me.

I tried the bugera five watter out..

and I liked it quite a bit.

hard to judge really since it was GC with three other guys using big amps

but the little booger was really alright..

nice reverb.

I understand they go for 150.00 some places. with free shipping.

Don't worry TWANG. I am glad that everybody has their own opinions, it helps me make choices on gear. The Fender is local here on Craigslist so I thought it would be a good deal since it has the tube upgrade and a speaker upgrade, although I don't know jack about weber speakers. I like Fender amps and I like that this one is little(space issues), sounds good, and is upgraded. Thanks for the info everyone.

Buy it. For that price with the JJs' date=' the Weber and delivery. Buy it. It's a one trick pony, but a pretty cool pony. Plus it's lighter and smaller obviously. What is your "man cave"? Sounds like I need to get me one of these.

[/quote']

My "man cave" is the basement, just for me to relax and play music, study, get away from the wife when I need to. I've been in the process of remodeling our basement and I'm close to finishing it now. I'm gonna move the bar downstairs and all my gear and just relax when its done! I think BrianH started a "mancave" thread a while back and it was nice.

Thanks. I told this "man cave" story to my wife and she agreed. ha ha. I kinda knew what you were speaking of and just wanted some details. The bar sounds nice. Have to have an outlet every 4 feet as well. Jam on brother.

As far as the Weber goes, I have a 12 inch in my custom 12 watt from Li'l Dawg Amps and it's real nice. Real Fendery. Sweet sounds. That deal is a bargain. JJ's are very reputable nowadays as well.

BTW. Ted Weber passed away this year. His son is taking over operations. Ted really was a devout tone freak. You can't go wrong with his speakers.

:-k its a bit hard to compare my wee champ with your modded one.. but if it helps i wasnt to impressed with mine stock.. got it anda BlackHeart little giant the same day.. let's just say the fender has much lower mileage onit.

ver nice run thru a 1X12 cab though.. still like the versatility of the BlackHeart................laters.. chuck [laugh]

Archived