Gibson Brands Forums

Just a suggestion...

freak show

Recently a thread was created, in which a member of the Gibson Forum asked:

Why is everybody suddenly posting Epi questions on the Gibson forum?

I had to come over here to see if here's some hidden link that dumps

you out in the middle of the Gibson boards.

After doing some investigating, I discovered that he is correct, and this was my response:

If a person is on the Epiphone site and clicks on "Forums", he lands on the Gibson Forum.

The Gibson Forum is huge and has many sections. Lost in all of these subcategories is the Epiphone Forum. A person basically has to know it's there to even find it.

My question for the "Administrators":

Wouldn't it make more sense to direct a person from the Epiphone site directly to the Epiphone Forum?

I think that would be helpful for new members with questions about their Epiphones...

Anyone agree???

Old Scratch wrote:

If a person is on the Epiphone site and clicks on "Forums"

I only get a epiphone forums link. Where is the incorrect link situated? You are totally right OS all links should make the navigation of the site specific for Epiphone and Gibson users. I have never ventured into the Gibson site. But it would be good to know where that link is you refer to so I can avoid it.

I only get a epiphone forums link. Where is the incorrect link situated? You are totally right OS all links should make the navigation of the site specific for Epiphone and Gibson users. I have never ventured into the Gibson site. But it would be good to know where that link is you refer to so I can avoid it.

You're right: The link "FORUM" under the big central image takes one directly to the Epiphone Forum (as it should).

BUT:

At the top of the page are links such as "Products", "Store" and "Community".

If a person opens "Community", scrolls down to "Forums", and clicks, he lands on the Gibson Forum.

I suspect that many "noobs" are taking this path and ending up on the Gibson Forum, although they would much rather be coming to the people who can answer their questions best, i.e. Epiphone owners.

The thing is, the Epiphone site seems to reside in some Gibson frame. All the links on the top row will take you to Gibson. You have to use the links either on the right or inside the page itself in order to stay with Epiphone. I agree this is a bit annoying.

...or the links at the bottom. It is true, the top bar is all Gibson.

Here's the part causing confusion: You go to the Epiphone page. You see "community" at the top and get directed to the Gibson forums. You see "Epiphone" listed in the board index. SWEET! You go sign up to the Gibson forums in hopes of discussing your new Epi in the Epi section. You sign up and get your login and all that jazz, procede to the Epi section only to find yourself at the actual Epiphone forum which requires a NEW login/pass. Frustrated , annoyed and confused, you say "screw it" and post your questions on the Gibby board. After all, Epiphone is made by Gibson, right?

In my not-so-humble opinion, Gibson either needs to remove the Epiphone, Stienberger, Baldwin, ect. board/links on the Gibson forum and post them as actual links at the top of the page to eliminate this unneccessary confusion - OR- Just combine all of the forums into one big happy family. I would prefer the former.

All it would take is a few small banner links that say "Click here to visit the ____ forum". Problem solved. They can do it on all of the forums and have them completely cross-linked and uniform without this nonsense.

This is really a no-brainer.

Archived