Gibson Brands Forums

Who's the best online or catalog dealer for a new Epiphone

teegar

I still have a little holiday change left, and still have holiday GAS. I was thinking about one of the "new" '66 Wilshires maybe worn cherry with the minibuckers. I hoped those of you with more experience ordering from the various houses would weigh in on who you trust. Sweetwater and FQMS don't seem to offer them when I type into the search, MF and AMS do. Who do you like, who do you trust to pick a nice one? Thanks for any help.

AMS

let me repeat...American Musical Supply not Musicians Friend.

I've ordered quite a lot of stuff from AMS lately. Excellent company to deal with, quick delivery, items are always brand new and well packed.

On one occasion a bass case arrived at my door, and had been badly damaged by UPS. AMS sent me a return coupon by e-mail, and as soon as that had been scanned by UPS a new case was on its way to me.

Who do you like' date=' who do you trust to pick a nice one? Thanks for any help.[/quote'] I trust no-one to "pick" a nice one .... that's the drawback of internet ordering..... I've had great luck with MF so far ..... have ordered 2 guitars (as well as other stuff) with no problems ... guits arrived in fine condition, minor set-up to taste, as expected. Plus they give you like 45 days or something to return if you don't like it. I know Sweetwater has a solid following - I think if you stick with the major "authorized" online dealers, you'll be fine. Beware of eBay for obvious reasons ....

I've had good luck with both MF and Sweetwater, although Sweetwater is my definite first choice. Their gallery has photo's of the ACTUAL guitar(s) in stock by s/n so you can see what you're getting. If they don't have what you want, it might be worth a phone call because they may be able to get you one. They are serious customer service fanatics!!!

I've ordered a buncha stuff from MF and had some problems, but on the whole, not terrible, still using them.

I was really impressed with Sweetwater on some issues with my Valve Senior head, and would prefer to buy from them always. Trouble is, Musician's Friend just keeps sending out those discount codes, and Sweetwater never does.

So the pocketbook tends to favor MF, but the humanoid prefers SW.

Archived