Gibson Brands Forums

Post Your Epiphone

explorer09

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice looking explorer dude! Are those EMG 81/81 pups. How do you like them I think they handle mega distortion well. and sustain out of this world.

no it came with the 81/85 combo...i was very skeptical about buying a epiphone...cause everyone dogs them ...mostly the esp and gibson forums...but i played it and it felt and played and sounds amazing so i bought it...it seemed a better quality than most guitars...i love it and dont regret it at all...i have a new respect for epiphone..

Finally ... not only a looker' date=' but great fun to play, the '58 Korina Flying V ...

[img']http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/midiman56/My%20Guitars/Sany0116.jpg[/img]SANY0118.jpg

Hey Jim, There is a quitar book that's been floating around the house for a number of years. In it is a picture of an original 1958 Flying V. I always thought of it as a work of art. So, I'm not sure where you are coming from in saying that yours is not a looker. She is beautiful!

Sheila

Hopefully not going start another topstrung vs understrung debate but to me they feel better top strung on the LP. Oddly the Dot felt better strung the other way.

BTW Thanks for the complement on how the LP looks - these LP Std's in Natural seem to be super rare.

no it came with the 81/85 combo...i was very skeptical about buying a epiphone...cause everyone dogs them ...mostly the esp and gibson forums...but i played it and it felt and played and sounds amazing so i bought it...it seemed a better quality than most guitars...i love it and dont regret it at all...i have a new respect for epiphone..

I agree about Epi's quality getting better. The only reason I thoght the EMG's were 81/81 is that the logos are the same color on your explorer and Emg 81's & 85's used to have different color logos. I know Kirk Hammett used to use a 81/81 set-up. I think the 85's used to have a copper logo. Anyway after further investigation on EMG's web site I see that both 81's & 85's now have the same colored logo go figure.

Hopefully not going start another topstrung vs understrung debate but to me they feel better top strung on the LP. Oddly the Dot felt better strung the other way.

BTW Thanks for the complement on how the LP looks - these LP Std's in Natural seem to be super rare.

Thanks for the tip, if and when I ever get a solidbody, I'll remember that. That natural finish just kills me.

Now I know how Sheila feels about that 'Cat she's been gassing for.....

Archived