Gibson Brands Forums

Post Your Epiphone

explorer09

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Jim' date=' There is a quitar book that's been floating around the house for a number of years. In it is a picture of an original 1958 Flying V. I always thought of it as a work of art. So, I'm not sure where you are coming from in saying that yours is not a looker. She is beautiful!

Sheila[/quote']

Hey, Sheila ...

Take another look at my quote ... "not ONLY is she a looker ...". I love that guitar and I think she's a full-on HOTTIE! :)

Jim

Hey' date=' Sheila ...

Take another look at my quote ... "not [i']ONLY [/i]is she a looker ...". I love that guitar and I think she's a full-on HOTTIE! [biggrin]

Jim

Jim,

My glasses need updating, my eyes are failing and I'm getting old! Sorry.

Sheila

I agree about Epi's quality getting better. The only reason I thoght the EMG's were 81/81 is that the logos are the same color on your explorer and Emg 81's & 85's used to have different color logos. I know Kirk Hammett used to use a 81/81 set-up. I think the 85's used to have a copper logo. Anyway after further investigation on EMG's web site I see that both 81's & 85's now have the same colored logo go figure.

its actually gold its just very light not as gold as it used to be...and the logo is slightly different than the old ones

EmpRegmed.JPG

Nice...must be a real tone monster...!

I had the exact same idea for this guitar going on in my cranium...lol...

Dizzy

Dysfunctional relationship. I really love it. It is EXACTLY the guitar of my dreams (but made by Epiphone instead of the big G). The dysfunction comes from the fact that the more I play it the more dead spots I find on the neck (no.. not high frets.. actual pitch-specific dead spots). Or maybe I am outgrowing it and need to move up to a peerless or an eastman.

Archived