Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson wiring diagram - ES 335 / Epi Dot upgrade

StewartB

A quick request to see if anyone out there can post a link or photo of the "standard" Gibson 335 wiring diagram? Reason being that I am about to do a full upgrade of all hardware, electronics, and pickups on my Dot.

I know about most of the websites that display such diagrams, but for some unknown reason (broken link?) I am unable to access the actual Gibson website diagrams. I keep getting a "stopped" indicator on my PC and can't go further.

If anyone has a working link or pdf/photo it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Stewart' date=' this should do it:

[img']http://www.gibson.com/Files/schematics/sheratonII%20wiring.JPG[/img]

Thanks Strumbone, that looks fine. I have a Seymour Duncan schematic which is similar, but I'll use yours. I plan to use all 500k pots, and to use B taper for tone controls instead of A. I might swap the caps for .047 depending on which pups I decide on.

My current thinking is to get 490R & 490T from ebay USA, otherwise I may use a pair of Alnico 4 Tonerider pups that I have in the cupboard. Thanks again for the schematic.

Not that it's any of my business, but I'd go for something lower-output in a semi. Those 490 Gibbys are probably a little much. Those ToneRiders would be my pick. You could also take the opportunity to wire it up with push-pulls for different tone options. In-series and in/out of phase stuff is very cool.

Not that it's any of my business' date=' but I'd go for something lower-output in a semi. Those 490 Gibbys are probably a little much. Those ToneRiders would be my pick. You could also take the opportunity to wire it up with push-pulls for different tone options. In-series and in/out of phase stuff is very cool.[/quote']

Probably a good idea really. I wasn't certain about the 490s and it did occur to me they might be a bit much for a semi. The push/pulls also a good idea. I have done that on my Ibanez SZ320. Thanks for the input.

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys

I am also considering going into the same project with my Epi Dot. I have a couple doubts if someone can help.

1) About the stock pots: are they 300k or 500k? I see the sheraton uses 300k for volume and 500k for tone. Is the Dot the same? Will you replace all or only the volume pots to 500k? Will there be any effect in the tone by replacing the volume pots? I ask this because I want to get a brighter tone on my epi and someone suggested changing the VOLUME pots to 500k.

2) Any feedback on dimarzios Air Classics DP 190 & 191 for this project?

Thank you!

• 4 months later...

hey. i had another post on here, asking about a dot i just bought. it seems that it's humming and feeding back alot. i don't know if it's just picking up interference, or if i need to send it back? if i position myself perfectly in relation to everything around me, it goes away almost completely, but i can't just stand there like that all day. since you guys have dots, can you tell me if you have problems like this?? i checked with mm and grounds are all in order. i'll post the thread if anyone is interested.

Archived