Gibson Brands Forums

Unsung Heros

myztk

What is it about Epiphone guitars that people just can't resist taking pictures of them? Oh' date=' it's because they're gorgeous. Now I understand...

[/quote']

Yes, it's positively disgusting isn't it!

myztk

I love your Bluesmaster. Would love to try one of those out......I assume by the cover it has a truss rod....disadvantage with some of the vintage guitars they don't have a truss rod...

I am hunting for my 5th and last guitar (I only have room for 5, besides the wife would kill me) I have 3 Epi's and a Levin acoustic archtop.

My 5th guitar will be a parlour style delta blues flattop.

I will go for a Levin as the are top drawer, if you get a good one, and you can get a vintage one for between $135 to $270 here in Sweden.

here is a Levin parlour in action

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

However, the Levin flattop I am favouring at the moment...the Levin Texas model 27....one of these will be the 5th guitar

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Funny,

I am on the "Five" guitar kick as well! Circle of Fifths? I don't know.

Both those Levin's sound great! I assume the Texas is a little more versatile. Tough choice.

I love the Bluesmaster. To my surprise it has become my "go to" guitar and really inspired the purchase of the Wildkat. I was so impressed with the workmanship and Bang for the Buck, that I wanted another Unsung built guitar. I have more expensive and "better" guitars, but the Bluesmaster stands up to temperature fluctuations and pretty vigorous playing. Definitely a candidate for the desert island guitar!

myztk wrote

I assume the Texas is a little more versatile

Right on the button, that is why I am leaning that way, nice compact sized flattop that can give me a Delta Blues vibe and also just use for a few view Dylan, Morrison, singalong songs and also great playability.

Pity we don't live close to each other you could come round and ejoy one of my Sherris and I could try out that Bluemaster.

Your point about temperature fluctuations is a good one. Guitars need a set up fine tune winter and summer here in Sweden. Is there a Epiphone or Gibson equivalent to the Levin Texas model 27 I wonder....what size and tone is your Gibson L-20?

brotherfromanothermothe.jpg

Brothers from another Mother.

It's basically the same as the Bluesmaster (a little deeper and solid Rosewood not laminate mahagony) and a LOT more expensive and rare. Apparently only about 35 or so of them made it to the US market in 93/94. Some Koa ones ended up in Japan, so you still might see one in Sweden.

Sweet as a peach that L-20

I had a quick look here in Sweden and only thing close is a Gibson L-130 Manufactured in: Bozeman, Montana/USA and it is selling for $1,760.................... I can pick a nice Levin parlour or texas for around $200 and the Levins are the company that Martin bought to make their guitars all hand made in Gothenburg. On my budget it has to be a Levin...all things considered

7556302691.jpg

http://www.blocket.se/sodermanland/Gibson_L_130_24876411.htm?ca=11&w=3&last=1

Archived