Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Tribute LP

markerdown

I am really GAS'n for an epi tribute LP, in black with the asymmetrical neck. Man, it has all the upgrades I normally do to the std plus top. It's cheaper than an elite and a studio gibby.

Ok, so who got one of these bad boys and whats the verdict? I've haven't played one yet at local GC and I'm just doin some homework on it. I don't need another epi LP, but I want one [angry] ......................markerdown

Hah, I hear you man, they just got some in at my local shop, and they are a pretty nice price for what they offer. Much less than the price of a set of Gibson pickups on top of an Epi Standard, in addition to all the nickel and such. I think I prefer the burst myself though.

I'm winning an auction for some chrome epi 'buckers for my explorer which will warrant a string change, but I have no new strings so I may have to make an *emergency* trip to the RockShop this week. If you don't get your hands on one by then I'll let you know. [confused]

Oh ,,we know the feeling all too well,,I'm Gassing my self for a G-400 3 pickup in Antique White,, and like yourself with the Les Pauls,, i guess i really dont "need" another Epiphone Sg ,,,but i sure WANT one. And with a tax return coming,,,it just might happen.God save us all.

MY Noisemakers:

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Chuan Yin Marina Mark 20SS classical

Carlo Robelli 5 string Banjo

Carlo Robelli Electric Violin

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

2 Marshall JTM-612 60 watt 1 12 Combos

Yeah, tax return time looks like the ticket for me. Plus I need to sell off a few strats that don't get enough play time.

I was hoping the epi tribute came in honeyburst or the ice tea burst. My MIK epi is CHB, so black is the color I 'm lookin at for the tribute LP. It'll match my SG [cool] .........................markerdown

I am really GAS'n for an epi tribute LP' date=' in black with the asymmetrical neck. Man, it has all the upgrades I normally do to the std plus top. It's cheaper than an elite and a studio gibby.

Ok, so who got one of these bad boys and whats the verdict? I've haven't played one yet at local GC and I'm just doin some homework on it. I don't need another epi LP, but I want one [cool ......................markerdown

I have the 59 all I can say its a great sounding guitar period! love the burstbuckers

Hah' date=' I hear you man, they just got some in at my local shop, and they are a pretty nice price for what they offer. Much less than the price of a set of Gibson pickups on top of an Epi Standard, in addition to all the nickel and such. I think I prefer the burst myself though.

I'm winning an auction for some chrome epi 'buckers for my explorer which will warrant a string change, but I have no new strings so I may have to make an *emergency* trip to the RockShop this week. If you don't get your hands on one by then I'll let you know. [blink

The burst Tribute is the one I'm GASing for, Sjael.

I'm relying on you to do a full review, so please give it the full once over.

I'm interested in the fit and finish, in particular.

I'm also not sure about the '09 asymetrical vs. the '60s neck so can you give us the low down on how either or both compare to a regular Epi Les Paul neck (which I gather is somwhere between '50s and '60s profiles).

Full review expected, mate!

Alan

Archived