Gibson Brands Forums

Pick up advice

Woko

Hello all.

I would like to fit a 1970's di mazio pick up to my 1995 Epiphone Les Paul but have no idea about the wireing

please see pictures below the di mazio has three wires one black one white and one bare . Photo0108.jpg

Photo0111.jpg

Thanks

Not sure off the top of my head, but you should be able to get a diagram from the DiMarzio website.

I could look at mine later, but I'm sure someone will help you out before I get a chance.

Is that a Super-2? It sure looks like one. If it is, you have one heck of a great pickup, there. Excellent for the neck position.

Hello all.

I would like to fit a 1970's di mazio pick up to my 1995 Epiphone Les Paul but have no idea about the wireing

please see pictures below the di mazio has three wires one black one white and one bare .

Thanks

Bare wire goes to ground. That's the easy part. Now hook either the white or black to hot and the other to ground (with the bare wire). Either will work, but might be out of phase with your other pickup. So try it with the toggle switch in the middle position, and if you get a funky hollow sound with both pickups on, just reverse the black & white wires.

Not sure off the top of my head' date=' but you should be able to get a diagram from the DiMarzio website.

I could look at mine later, but I'm sure someone will help you out before I get a chance.

Is that a Super-2? It sure looks like one. If it is, you have one heck of a great pickup, there. Excellent for the neck position.[/quote']

I don't know I have had it for donkeys years it's never been fitted to any of my guitars. how can I tell if it's a neck or bridge pick up.

I dont know. I do know that the Super-2 is a neck pup, the Super-3 is a bridge pup and the Super Distortion is also a bridge pup.

It really could be any one of the three...all made starting in the 70's.

What does it say on the back? I think the Super-2s say DP-104 on the back plate.

Archived