Gibson Brands Forums

New Member - Epiphone FT570SB

slo100

Hi all,

New member here.

I have a 70's Epiphone FT570SB that is in the shop to fix the dreaded split heel. Unfortunately this happened in 1990 and has sat ever since. Of course, over time the bridge pins disappeared, a few frets fell out, and it was a mess. Now I am putting more $ into the repair than the guitar is worth, I am sure. Why? Well, it was my first acoustic guitar; it was given to me by my youth pastor who has since passed on (far too young, I might add); it has meaning to me that you can't really put a price tag on. I am sorry I don't have before photos...should have taken some. I'll post pics when I get it back repaired and restored.

It currently has a really crappy chipboard case and as long as I am breaking the bank for the thing I might as well get a suitable hardshell case. Will a standard 'jumbo' case work for the 570? Any specific make and model case recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bret

Welcome, I've been here but a couple of weeks myself,

I under stand you wanting to keep that guitar. I have an '76 Ovation Custom Balladeer that I bought used in '78. I was celebrating my new divorce. That guitar got me thru far too many nights with a candle (didn't want to run up the electricty) Hoping I could get enough for my motorcycle to get a car (guess who got our car)

Well the old "tupperware's" top gave up but I won't part with it. I'm taking it back to Ovation next month for an estimate, they are about an hour from me, in CT. I traded a cheap Ovation 12 string folk head that kept breaking tuners and $200 for it, they gave me $200 for the 12. I would gladly pay more than the $400 I invested to have it playable again.

Good luck,

Hi all' date='

New member here.

I have a 70's Epiphone FT570SB ... Will a standard 'jumbo' case work for the 570? Any specific make and model case recommendations would be appreciated. ....Bret[/quote']

I'd go for this one:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Hardshell-Jumbo-AJ-EJ-Guitar-Case?sku=540802

Archived