Gibson Brands Forums

bisby on Les Paul ?

denthevetteman78

Wrong' date=' Peter.

See my 'Does his float your boat' thread from a couple of days ago.

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=13448

look nice. Im amaze that there's so litle Les Paul with those tremolo on them. All the great player use them ( Satriani,vai,Malmsteen and more).

When i want to use a tremolo i have to use my daugther Squier Strat even if i don't like the sound.

look nice. Im amaze that there's so litle Les Paul with those tremolo on them. All the great player use them ( Satriani' date='vai,Malmsteen and more).[/quote']

I'd just like to point out that all these 'great players' make their money from making neat sounds come out of their guitar, whereas most players make money from writing proper songs. [biggrin]

Also note how they all play Super/Strat-style guitars of some sort: the Les Paul just wasn't designed with the whole shredding/wanking mentality in mind (although there are obviously shredders who do like Les Pauls.) They don't have extreme cutaways or (usually) super thin necks with large frets. Les Pauls are made and bought for their signature sound and style, not for extreme playability (although the Axcess model gains a lot of ground in that regard..)

There are also Epi LP Studios with Floyds available. I would love one for those times when I do want to **** around with a trem, but I can't justify the price, or the annoyance in using a Floyd Rose [scared]

341621.jpg

I've never had that problem, and I've owned them for decades. I also string em up with 12s most the time, no lighter than 11 EVER. I have never pulled one. I also need to note I am talking about pre 1990 Ibanez's, anything after that is pretty junky and I won't touch it.

Archived