Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Admin: Mild Complaint + Help!

AMSnell

I've had a DG-335 on order with a local store for 2 months now, they placed the order ages back and they said that Gibson have promised to dispatch before the 15th July.

Go into the Guitar store today (GAK in Brighton, UK) to find out the ETA has been pushed back... A LOT. Now Gibson is saying 2nd January.

What the hell takes 6 months to build a guitar? Honestly, why is there a RIDICULOUS wait for a guitar I have already had on order 2 months?

Also, can you guarantee that this order will be honored if I wait, I mean, there IS going to be a guitar for me isn't there? I know its limited run so I dont want to to keep my deposit at the shop if you are going to turn around in 5 months and say the production lines finished.

Last thing is if, again if I wait for the january model, will it still come with the Grohl-signed certificate? Or will it be a second run without his signature?

Cheers for any help.

Wildwood Guitars has one available online. Go order one from there if you can't wait.

AMSnell

I got my Alex Lifeson ES-355 from Wildwood Guitars, best service ever. In the end I flew over to pick it but nonetheless they are a top bunch of guys.......

Very recommended indeed.........

You flew over to pick it up? Cool stuff. I could do that as well infact (Free plane flights....pilot) so yeah. Might do that!

I managed to find one at Vintage and Rare guitars though which is probably easier. I gave them a wildwood call asking if they were getting any more in and they said they were just unpacking one that came in 10 minutes ago!

Cheers for the response, I will keep guitars in my favorites for future reference, looks like a cool shop :-k

Archived