Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement tuners for Dot

Dennis G

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but Search turned up zero on 3 separate searches, one as simple as "tuners". [biggrin] Anyway, I think it's time I upgraded the tuners on my Dot, and would like to know if there are any out there that will "drop right in" if you will. Don't want to be doing any major mod's. Thx in advance for any suggestions.

Didn't it come with Grovers? Why do you need "new" turners?

Unless you just don't like "Grovers," I would think they'd last a LONG

time. IF...they are "faulty" in any way...get a replacement set...it will

drop right in. They also make some Kluson style Green Tulip tuners,

that should work, as well...but will require a new hole drilled for the

top screw, in each turner. The bottom screw should fit, in the hole

already there. Hope it works out...

CB

If your Dot is a few years old, the tuners are close copies of Grovers (but without the name on back.) Grover tuners are a drop-in replacement. Check out the various Rotomatics, some even have the same screw placement. I wanted locking tuners and the model 406 fit perfectly. They came with mini buttons, I prefer large, and the Epi buttons fit nicely on the Grover shafts.

The 305 series mid-size appear to have the same screw placement. The terms mini and midsize refer strictly to the buttons, which are interchangeable.

Grover tuners web page

If your Dot is a few years old' date=' the tuners are close copies of Grovers (but without the name on back.) Grover tuners are a drop-in replacement. Check out the various Rotomatics, some even have the same screw placement. I wanted locking tuners and the model 406 fit perfectly. They came with mini buttons, I prefer large, and the Epi buttons fit nicely on the Grover shafts.

The 305 series mid-size appear to have the same screw placement. The terms mini and midsize refer strictly to the buttons, which are interchangeable.

Grover tuners web page

My Dot is a few years old (2007) and it has "Grover" stamped right on it. They are not copies.

Archived