Gibson Brands Forums

Just adopted a MINT J-45 "NA???" ELitist MIJ and have questions

yarddizzle

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for having this forum as a resource that one can reference when he/she needs accurate info. I'm new and this my 1st post so here it goes...

I just picked up a Gibson (stamped vertically on the trussrod cover) Epiphone J-45 Elitist that's in pristine condition and is an A/E with the pup under the saddle.

My question is this; why is there and "NA" printed on the soundhole label just to the right of the "j-45"? What is this indicative of? The serial is also unique in that it begins w/a T; T201100 is the serial number. I know that it's probably a Japan build but the "NA" has got me stumped and I've searched the web googling the model #in every variation I could think of but to no avail.

Any assistance or direction would be a big help. Again, I'd like to thank yall for having me!

Cordially,

Jon "YardDogg" Yarbrough

Here's my newest gal:

First and foremost' date=' I'd like to thank you for having this forum as a resource that one can reference when he/she needs accurate info. I'm new and this my 1st post so here it goes...

I just picked up a Gibson (stamped vertically on the trussrod cover) Epiphone J-45 Elitist that's in pristine condition and is an A/E with the pup under the saddle.

My question is this; why is there and "NA" printed on the soundhole label just to the right of the "j-45"? What is this indicative of? The serial is also unique in that it begins w/a T; T201100 is the serial number. I know that it's probably a Japan build but the "NA" has got me stumped and I've searched the web googling the model #in every variation I could think of but to no avail.

Any assistance or direction would be a big help. Again, I'd like to thank yall for having me!

Cordially,

Jon "YardDogg" Yarbrough

Here's my newest gal:

[img']C:UsersBonzoMy Pictures100_1327.jpg[/img]

"NA" means the finish color is NAtural.

"T" indicates the guitar was built in Japan by Terada, a famous and highly respected factory. Elitist acoustics, hollowbodies, and semi-hollows were built there, while the solid bodies were built by Fuji Gen, and have serial numbers that begin with "F".

Where did you find the mint Elitist?

Nice score, by the way!

Red 333

I know the tour manager for an Atlanta-based metal group, maybe you've heard them, Sevendust. I've been a fan since their inception and recently, Red posted an ad on the Atlanta CraigsList Musical Instruments classifieds stating that the band is liquidating a bunch of gear they've amassed over the past 13yrs and will be selling everything from 4x12 cabs to lighting rigs to Zildjian cymbals, by appointment only. I got a late afternoon appt. and when I got there, this guy was loading out all these drum shells which alarmed me cuz primarily I am a drummer. SO, I went in, met up w/ Red picked out two crashes, a 22" power ride and a 20" FLat K China then, I asked about any guitars available in which he initially said they were all gone but then their merch gal said that there was one left "and it's in that fancy case over there, looks like gator skin on that case" she replied. Sure enough, I went over, plucked her out from the rolling rack, laid her flat to the ground and opened her up. You could smell the spruce and my body odor as I started to sweat, knowing that I HAD to have this guitar. This guitar was played by John Connolly, who is endorsed by Epiphone and has his own sig model LP. If you go onto You tube and search Sevendust - Southside Doublewide acoustic performance at the GA Theater in Athens, GA 2003, the second and fourth song will show him playing MY GUITAR!!!!

Sorry to be so long winded but the story of how I got it is great cuz the best part is this: along with the cymbals and a free boom stand thrown in, I got the guitar, case, everything for $300! I'm not kidding, i asked what they wanted for the guitar and when they ntold me, I just about passed out. I'm very lucky to have been given such an opportunity and I couldn't thank them enough...great people, God Bless 'em!

Now I'd lust like to know how much she's really worth. Kelly Blue book says that if she's in Mint condition...$500-$700. Given it's background and the fact that I was at that show and that I am a big fan of 7dust, I'll probably never get rid of her cuz I like the deep full sound and use it for writing. What a great A/E, plugged or unplugged she is a keeper!

Thanks Red333, your input is very much appreciated. I look forward to exchanging info or answering any questions you might have if I can. I play drums primarily but have always played 4 & 6 stringed guitars since I was 12.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Jon

Now I'd lust like to know how much she's really worth. Kelly Blue book says that if she's in Mint condition...$500-$700. Given it's background and the fact that I was at that show and that I am a big fan of 7dust' date=' I'll probably never get rid of her cuz I like the deep full sound and use it for writing. What a great A/E, plugged or unplugged she is a keeper!

Jon[/quote']

Jon,

After that story, I wouldn't worry what the Blue Book says your Texan is worth; it sounds as if that guitar is priceless to you. Congrats and enjoy!

Red 333

Archived