Gibson Brands Forums

Eternal wait for new 1959 Ltd Edition Les Paul

slammer

I placed an order with one of the big online retailers in mid-Oct 2009 for the 1959 Ltd Edition Les Paul in Faded Ice Tea.

Since doing so the delivery date has changed 5 times including the final date which was today - Feb 5th. The retailer hasn't received but a handful in 3+ months and has no idea of a revised date [confused] .

I'm starting to get the feeling that I may miss out on these and am wondering if anyone else on the forum has received one of these guitars. If an Epiphone rep monitors this forum I sure would appreciate an accurate update to make sure I'm not getting a false story from the vendor :^o who might be waiting me out hoping I will cancel the order.

I can only afford one guitar and the new Fender American Special in black is pretty nice and in stock just down the street. I can resist a little longer but only I can get the straight story from someone. Any help or info is appreciated.

Thanks!

Does the chain store name begin with a Zz? .......................markerdown

No it doesn't but it sounds like I'm not the only one waiting around [scared]

Again, would be great if someone from Epiphone would give some indication of when the 1,959 guitars being made will be delivered to vendors.

I wanted one too. I think the run is over, because GC and MF took them off their sites. I wound up doing a trade in/trade up for a

Gibson Std. Trad - Ice Tea. Out the door with tax for $1,682. Couldn't be happier. '57 P/U's, 50's neck, etc... Yes, it's about double

the cost, but totally worth it as now I don't feel the gas to keep looking at other guitars. Kind of like dating. Once you find the right

one, get married.

I was all set to get a '60s tribute until I saw one of the major chains still taking pre-orders for the 59'.

So I pre-ordered one in faded ice tea. Now I just wait and see what happens. I thought they were all gone this late in the game since it was just a limited production.........................................markerdown

I don't know who your supplier is but my guy deals direct with Gibson and he can tell me exactly how long it takes to get a guitar that is on backorder or out of current stock. You may want to try a mom and pop shop that deals directly with Gibson. Big chains usually have bigger orders and a smaller shop may get you what you want faster it has worked for me in the past.

[biggrin]

they are in stock at the big stores over here

The 1959s and the Tributes

Peter

Well if anyone knows of a store in the US that has the Faded Ice Tea in stock please let me know.

This evening I called the vendor I ordered from in Oct 2009 (Musiciansfriend) who told me for the umpteenth time that the product has been discontinued, blah, blah, blah. Obviously a limited edition run will be discontinued but they still don't have an update from Gibson / Epiphone if they will be getting more to fulfill the orders they took last year. Unfortunately for me I used a discount coupon I had with MF which I won't be able to use with another vendor but at this point locating one as a retailer in the US would make me happy.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows of one of these beauties sitting around on a dealer floor.

I had to wait over 6 months to get my '56 GT last year.

I was #2 on GC warehouses waiting list.

They finally e-mailed me and stated that only 5 of them had come in, and I needed to order within 48 hrs. or they'd have to "bump" me off the list.

To be "new in the box" it was an absolute wreck when it arrived here, but i've gotten it all fixed up, and it's great.

Best of luck to you in your "mission"!!

~B~

Archived