Gibson Brands Forums

New Member Saying Hi Here Too! Pics of My Dot Incl.

binarygraphite

Hello all!

Well I already said Hi in the Acoustic forums, as this week I got an Epiphone MM-50 Mandolin (here's a video of me tuning it:

), but I thought I'd also say Hi here because this is not my first Epiphone.

I also have the lovely black beauty you see below in the pics (yes, they are studio shots as one of my other passions is photography); a Custom Shop Limited Edition Dot. But wait there's more! I also have an EJ-200/VS. Love the deep voice of that one.

So, glad I joined and very nice to meet you all!

Imre.

4333377217_d7a63b4f94_o.jpg

4334120502_105db3da31_o.jpg

Thank you Dylan and AS90.

AS90, nope I did not alter her in any way; I bought her new. This model is a custom shop limited edition, so there are likely one or two things that usually don't appear on "regular" Dots. Actually, the Bigsby played a big part in me picking this one up.

Thank you for the warm welcome and comments Rewddawg1, Gord, rdsmith3, and RSDx.

It has a very interesting '50s sound when I hook her up to my Rumble 60 bass amp, with the cord patched through one of my reverb pedals. Actually, if you know the song Rebel Rouser by Duane Eddy (Here's a video of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Y3_WVm_4s&feature=related ), well that's exactly the sound. Tres cool!

That is a beautiful Dot.

I have not seen one with a factory installed Bigsby.

Where did you buy this?

When and where was it made?

I wonder if the came in other finishes.

It would be great if epiphone would publish a list of special runs.

Not just the limited editions, but special runs for different shops.

Enjoy.

Archived