Gibson Brands Forums

What to clean a satin finish Masterbilt with?

Take care!

Satin finishes can show the dirt v.quickly!Iknow a guy had a matching pair of 6 & 12 string German guitars he used to gig instead of his Martins.They soon showed marks wherever his picking hand touched the face of the guitar.

Keep your hands clean,don't sweat too much and don't spill drinks(OK Mom!)

If you don't have anything from Epi on this-ask them!

I seem to remember having a Seagull they said to use window-cleaning spray on!

Hope this helps,

El.

Take care!

Satin finishes can show the dirt v.quickly!Iknow a guy had a matching pair of 6 & 12 string German guitars he used to gig instead of his Martins.They soon showed marks wherever his picking hand touched the face of the guitar.

Keep your hands clean' date='don't sweat too much and don't spill drinks(OK Mom!)

If you don't have anything from Epi on this-ask them!

I seem to remember having a Seagull they said to use window-cleaning spray on!

Hope this helps,

El.[/quote']

ya that's what I'm worried about! I try not to touch too much but there are marks that start to show up. I've been using a supser-soft cloth I bought from guitar center and it seems to help. I am also a bit concerned about the marks my elbow might leave over time. Maybe I should just try and buff it up to a shine to avoid it in the long run!

I use Gibson Pump Polish and a micofiber cloth on my four Masterbilts (and all my guitars). It cleans well' date=' imparts a soft sheen to the satin finish, but doesn't make it look glossy.

Red 333[/quote']

hhmmmm, that sounds like what I'm looking for then! I think I'll give it a shot, I take it you mean this one -

50729_l.jpg

I've been using this set of cleaners on my glossy guitars for years. The polish is great on them but it is definately meant to leave a high gloss shine

AILC-975.jpg

Well I am a firm believer in using a nice clean old t-shirt, why on gods green earth would you give them money for nothing, just wipe it down, if its a bit tougher then slightly dampen the t and give it a wipe.

here is one that has never seen a product and doesn't need to and its from the 80's, and so you can judge for your self.

BVt5k2kKGrHgoH-CMEjlLly1TnBKUQPINsf.jpg

Ship

Archived