Gibson Brands Forums

LP Jr modding

andrewjunior

was curious about my Jr's neck....

it's super high up off the body (if you look down at is as if you were playing it, there's close to a half an inch of neck above the top of the guitar) and i was wondering if it'd screw up the playability if i modified that? if i took off the neck and took some wood off to drop the fingerboard closer to the body?

My LP Jr is the same way. Unless you have PROPER tooling for woodworking and can measure the neck to body angle and pocket depth ACCURATELY I wouldn't do it. If you mess that angle up you'll have to make shims or something to adjust it. Look at it from the side, there a couple-three degree angle there. Plus thinning out the bottom of the neck pocket will weaken that area making it more prone to breakage. I'll leave mine like it is. One question on your Jr, is your pickup real hot? Mine is reading like 14.6kohm and has very high output.

My LP Jr is the same way. Unless you have PROPER tooling for woodworking and can measure the neck to body angle and pocket depth ACCURATELY I wouldn't do it. If you mess that angle up you'll have to make shims or something to adjust it. Look at it from the side' date=' there a couple-three degree angle there. Plus thinning out the bottom of the neck pocket will weaken that area making it more prone to breakage. I'll leave mine like it is. One question on your Jr, is your pickup real hot? Mine is reading like 14.6kohm and has very high output.[/quote']

i don't know what it reads at. i put in a kent armstrong p90 with new pots (i think 500k i don't rememeber)

Archived