Gibson Brands Forums

Hey JerryMac- How about a Gretsch Historic Series G3700 Sierra Jumbo electric/acoustic -HNGD!!!

lpfan

Hey JerryMac or anybody else- I misssed out on a Gretcsh awhile back on ebay, but I found a Gretsch on the local craigslist. The dude is asking $400 but said he could do $350 for a Gretsch Historic Series G3700. I like the way it looks in the pics he e-mailed but don't know about the sound. Anyway I'm gonna try and get it if he still has it around thursday or friday. I just wondered if anybody has had any experience with these and how was the experience? Thanks.

Hey JerryMac or anybody else- I misssed out on a Gretcsh awhile back on ebay' date=' but I found a Gretsch on the local craigslist. The dude is asking $400 but said he could do $350 for a Gretsch Historic Series G3700. I like the way it looks in the pics he e-mailed but don't know about the sound. Anyway I'm gonna try and get it if he still has it around thursday or friday. I just wondered if anybody has had any experience with these and how was the experience? Thanks.[/quote']

Haven't played one, but I liked the Historic Series electrics I've played.

Hey JerryMac or anybody else- I misssed out on a Gretcsh awhile back on ebay' date=' but I found a Gretsch on the local craigslist. The dude is asking $400 but said he could do $350 for a Gretsch Historic Series G3700. I like the way it looks in the pics he e-mailed but don't know about the sound. Anyway I'm gonna try and get it if he still has it around thursday or friday. I just wondered if anybody has had any experience with these and how was the experience? Thanks.[/quote']

I had the 3900, jazz type for awhile. Very nice. Quality and build on those are very good.

The 3700 series has the soundhole like a regular acoustic right?

Kinda like the Howard Roberts models.

They're very light. Mine always dropped down when I let go of the neck. While playing it standing, had to get a stretchy strap to stop it from doing that. Bodies hardly have any weight.

Well I picked it up today. The guy had it listed for $400 and I hda him down to $350. Then when I saw it, I saw 3 small knicks in the clear on the top. I said "I can't give $350 for this, I'll never get my money out of it if I decide to sell it. He asked what would I give and I said $250. He said $275 and I said sorry and walked away. He started to leave and he said ok, $250. HNGD!!!!!! I'll set everything up and post pics of it tomorrow. BTW, is there a way to fill in mall chips in the cler and lightly wet sand it so i blends in? I have never done an finish repairs before.

Here are a couple of pics of one just like mine for tonight. I'll post some of he actual guitar tomorrow when I get the chance to take them.

user283_pic689_1219257038.jpg

user283_pic690_1219257038.jpg

[biggrin]

HNAGD

On another thread' date=' i saw super glue mentioned as a good filler that can be softly sanded for nicks and such.

Nice guitar.

[/quote']

Thats a good idea! What would I sand with? 0000 fine grade steel wool and then buff the entire top with a scratch and swirl remover? And I think I should have typed HNAEGD. LOL!

Archived