Gibson Brands Forums

WOndering to buy an Epiphone LP Custom.. Good?

hicacolis

Hi y'all..

How r u?

Intro, I've been playing guitar for approx 7 - 8 years.. including all the amateur playing with acoustic + playing on a stage in my church..

I have an Ibanez RG series. But, I'm interested with Les Paul figure.. It's shape.. for the sound, i can't really tell the differences..

I'm wondering about Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Is it good? For me.. after u read the short intro i types)

I asked 1 time to local guitar store, and one of the guy there said that Epi is a mass production, thus it is no comparison with Gibson.. This is 1 of my considerations about purchasing or considering to buy an EPi Les Paul Custom..

should i "Jump" higher and buy Gibson? Or gradually by moving on with Epiphone Les Paul Custome first.. Then see where will it goes..

Sound-wise, is it great? Or any other functions?

Thanks for helping me out..

Cheers :-&

You say you can't tell the difference in tone between an Ibanez RG and a Les Paul, so you most likely won't notice a tonal difference between an Epi LP and a Gibson LP. Epiphone Les Paul Customs are generally high-quality instruments, my Prophecy LP is easily the match of any Gibson I've played in terms of build quality.

I think many here will agree when I say most of the price of a Gibson is in the brand name.

Gibsons are just as "mass produced" as Epiphones..........they're turned out from an assembly line, NOT "hand made".

It sounds to me like the salesman was just trying to get a higher sales commission for selling a more expensive guitar.

Are they different? YES. Gibsons are built from higer quality/priced materials.

Do they REALLY sound that much different? If played thru a good amp, NO !!

Look up "Epi LP vs Gibson LP" on Youtube........

As the others here have said, the Epi LP is a great axe! I would suggest going to your guitar store and trying an Epi and a Gibson out on the same amp and see what you think, cause it's all about how it sounds and feels to you. I think the Gibsons are a little higher quality with a HUGE difference in price! For the money you can't beat an Epiphone. My G-400 SG style guitar is VERY comparable to the older Gibson SG's I have owned in the past, the quality of the craftsmanship is very good! I have several Epi's and I love them all! So go play some guitars and see what you think! Maybe take one of the guys you jam with so they can give a listen also!

Thanks for all your comments..

Is there any way for me to be more sensitive about the difference for example between my Ibanez RG and LP?

I have EPi LP Junior by the way, since it is kind of really basic guitar, i dont know is are there any differences in sound.

Yes, Price-wise, Gibson is way too expensive..Thus I think i will choose EPiphone.

About which Epi, do y'all have suggestions?

I'm considering a custom, once again, because i like the headstock and the frets are nice.

Are there any difference between for example Custom, Studio & Standard?

Thanks a lot

Archived