Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone for 1938 Gibson Kalamazoo amp....in Sweden

I like that retro suitcase look..to me that just says, let's go play.

that gretsch looks just like the stereo speaker cabinet I shoved my 8" epi into, only with a control panel on top.

I might have to save that pic and duplicate it... if I can get me a snazzy handle like that.. and a pair of spats to match!

I have contacted the guy and he is about 90 minutes away in the car, he has invited to come and plug into all his old amps to see if any hit the spot.

The sad thing is he sold the Kalamazoo Gibson amp to a guy in Finland, so I will leave my spats at home.

Would love something that looks like that, but sounded like a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe A vintage looking amp like that which performed like a brand new Fender Hot Rod Deluxe in an Art Deco box.

That would be a funky lookin' old beast.....Maybe I should try and build one.....

The old amps all have their charm. It's hard to beat what something like this or any number of other incredibly odd critters could do to provide unique texture to a recording. But, for day to day use...meh. There's a reason why, of all the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of vintage amps over the years, only a few dozen are truly notable and collectable.

Archived