Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD - Tobacco Sheraton .... and the family

irishdazzler

A few weeks ago I bought a cheapish Blonde Sheraton that needed some attention.

so I popped it into my local trusty guitar tech to sort out.

Now, in the mean time I had a bit of a eBay fit and ended up buying a nice little firefly amp. I needed an amp so I thought I would "keep it in the family" and find an epiphone that I liked the look of.

However, while i waited on "blondey" getting back from her stay at the tech shop I stumbled upon another sheraton (a tobacco) that looked amazing! I had always liked this colour and as it was my birthday I decided to get the "baccy" too!

So here they all are (with the rest of the family) and I love them all!! though the sherris are my favourites!!!!!

002xp.jpg

011nen.jpg

I remember you writing in a thread how much you would like a Tobacco Sheraton, made up for you mate..... a big HNTSD to you...good score.

There is a Swedish word that is used for something or someone with great "presence, character, gravitas, mojo" if you get my drift.....the Swedish word is "Pondus"......

Tobacco Sheratons have "Pondus"........they, for me, have tremendous character.......Enjoy, I am sure you will......

Edit: Dazzler...... if I were you I would swap the pickguards on those two Sherris, the tortoiseshell goes great with the tobacco and the black might set the natural off a bit more......but that's me.....just a thought

cheers Joe!

I got the work done on the blonde to sort out some of the issues that you guys helped me with and it sounds and plays great now.....but i just couldn't resist the tobacco!

especially with the new Amp - looking at them gives me nearly as much pleasure as playing them!

Chewy like Baccy....... is that chewing tobacco....[blink]

Yours is a beaut Chewy (my dream guitar is a thinline zephyr in natural, see my avatar), just those recent dayglo bursts that make me cringe a little....Have you seen Musikrons natural E-by-G that beasts got "Pondus"....

Musikron's E-by-G...

IMG_0839.jpg

Edit: Dazzler...... if I were you I would swap the pickguards on those two Sherris' date=' the tortoiseshell goes great with the tobacco and the black might set the natural off a bit more......but that's me.....just a thought

[/quote']

Thats a good call! I think I might just do that!

You were a good teacher thanks Brianh......and please forgive me my ignorance about Rickrolling I am 53 remember....Also I am not a Scientologist.....[biggrin]

I am not a Scientologist either although I was accosted by them regularly back in the 70's on Boylston Street in Boston. On one occaison, the guy approached me with the usual "Can I ask you a question?" to which I replied "No." He then yelled after me as I hurried down the sidewalk, "What kind of toothpaste do you use?" I yelled back "Crest!"

In any case, In the words of Bill Clinton, "I feel your pain." I am (cough cough) 54.

Archived