Gibson Brands Forums

AC/DC Fans (edited)

Rewddawg1

AC/DC was one of my first loves in the world of rock-n-roll as a teen in the 80's. I dont listen to them much anymore' date=' but man...Bon Scott! Thats awesome![/quote']

Man I can't say enough about Bon, he was the coolest down to earth guy I had ever met. He didn't care that we were 18 yr. old teenagers. He would talk about anything and joke around & plain just have fun. Another treat we got before the concert we were invited on the tour bus to have drinks etc. and the band was opening for UFO for some of you older rockers. Bon, Malcolm, Cliff + Phil Moog & Pete Way of ufo spread the cheer and we got to hear Highway to Hell recorded on cassette about 6 months before it was released. Unfotunately Michael Schenker had left UFO by then. He was another guitarist I admired.

For all you AC/DC fans out there I thought you would appreciate these pics taken when I got to meet the band partied with them before and after the concert and got backstage passes.

Image.jpg

From this day on I really hate you : D

Nah seriously, it was probably fun to meet them : ) I dont usually get jealous, but this made me : ) Gratz.

For all you AC/DC fans out there I thought you would appreciate these pics taken when I got to meet the band partied with them before and after the concert and got backstage passe

Nah seriously' date=' it was probably fun to meet them : ) I dont usually get jealous, but this made me : ) Gratz.[/quote']

Me and my friends also met up with Bon when the band came to St. Louis to open for Triumph. Bon being the great man he was met us in the hotel bar for drinks before the concert then invited us to come back afterwards which we graciously accepted. It was some of the greatest moments in the timeline of my life. When I read that Bon had choked to death after a drinking bout with one of his friends I was devastated

Is that you next to Cliff Williams?

No that's the friend who's dad gave us the info where the bands were staying. I don't know if I am comfortable posting my picture on the net. I do have a pic of me and Bon taken in the hotel lobby in St. Louis with our arms around each other and he has a thumb up. I had it blown up and framed.

I have read from several different sources that Bon Scott was extremely friendly and highly charismatic. I think its great when famous people can retain their good qualities, especially amongst fans and strangers. He sounds like he was a genuinly good person, I admire that alot.

I have read from several different sources that Bon Scott was extremely friendly and highly charismatic. I think its great when famous people can retain their good qualities' date=' especially amongst fans and strangers. He sounds like he was a genuinly good person, I admire that alot.[/quote']

+1. I don't know what was up with Phil Rudd shyness or maybe our age but he didn't seem interested in socializing the times we met up with the band. He is the only signature missing from my albums>

I have read from several different sources that Bon Scott was extremely friendly and highly charismatic. I think its great when famous people can retain their good qualities' date=' especially amongst fans and strangers. He sounds like he was a genuinly good person, I admire that alot.[/quote']

Yeah, I have that impression too. And I really like this story from Murray Engleheart's "Maximum Rock'n'Roll":

Bon was hanging out with some musician (I don't remember who), and Bon wanted a beer. The other guy hands over the key to his hotel room and says something like: "Please, help yourself." And when he came back to the room, Bon had left a dollar for the beer.

That shows how polite he was afterall.

For all you AC/DC fans out there I thought you would appreciate these pics taken when I got to meet the band partied with them before and after the concert and got backstage passes.

Nah seriously' date=' it was probably fun to meet them : ) I dont usually get jealous, but this made me : ) Gratz.[/quote']

It was all possible due the the actions of a real classy man.

WOW Dawg!!! thats nuts The closest i got to greatness like that was looking at Led Zeppelins plane (the one with the Swansong logo on the tail) through the fence at the airport for 5 minutes before security came and rousted us and told us to get the F outa there. Another footnote to that time period,somebody's Dad or something heisted a whole case of Physical Graffiti albums from the same airport so we all had the album before it came out and knew every song when we went to see them that year(75) But actually hangin with AC,,and Bon Scott no less , I hail you bro!!!very nice!!!

MY Noisemakers:

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic

Applause A-25 Acoustic