Gibson Brands Forums

single coil size humbuckers...

Guest icantbuyafender1281734135

Guest icantbuyafender

Does anyone have any experience with the Seymour duncan single coil size humbuckers?

I'd like to pop one into the bridge of my Gibby melody maker.

The single coils are great, just VERY noisey, as is the nature of the beast.

I like the single coil sound so i was thinking a duckbucker in the neck for some blues, and a JB Jr in the bridge for rock

Any info on these would be amazing

Ive got a replacement pickguard that I am going to drop those pups in with CTS pots and switchcraft parts. I'd rather just make a whole new assembly rather than take the gibson parts apart.

Does anyone have any experience with the Seymour duncan single coil size humbuckers?

The single coils are great' date=' just VERY noisey, as is the nature of the beast.

I like the single coil sound so i was thinking a duckbucker in the neck for some blues, and a JB Jr in the bridge for rock

Ive got a replacement pickguard that I am going to drop those pups in with CTS pots and switchcraft parts. I'd rather just make a whole new assembly rather than take the gibson parts apart.[/quote']

Never mind, I misread your original post.

The single coils are great' date=' just VERY noisey, as is the nature of the beast.

Ive got a replacement pickguard that I am going to drop those pups in with CTS pots and switchcraft parts. I'd rather just make a whole new assembly rather than take the gibson parts apart.[/quote']

I have one that my daughter decided she didnt like..... I can send it to you and you can try it out...

I have this one, but in black.

SJBJ-1.jpg

Archived