Gibson Brands Forums

I feel like buying a guitar......

Svet

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Svet' date='

Glad to be of inspiration! L5's are Nice!!! Have fun!!

WHEW!!! You have some awesome axes!![/quote']

Thanks MRw1960, I won't be buying an L5 anytime soon unless one comes in at a very good price on the bay. I've got an Elitist Broadway that works for that purpose very well though! While checking ebay I came across this and I am just stunned!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Gibson-Kalamazoo-Custom-Shop-L-5-L5-CT-Thin_W0QQitemZ260552097342QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3caa1d7e3e

Hey Svet I thought you already had one of everything in every color. Heck if you just wanna buy a guitar you can buy me one. I will not be to picky' date=' I promise. LOL.[/quote']

Svet, I heard your buying guitars for people [biggrin] ..... Make mine a

Blonde/Natural 1960 Epiphone Zephyr (thinline) 311TN (see my avatar)

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

and here unplugged.....

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I bet you already have one of these......

Is there anywhere we can see a full list of your gear....?

OK, if you're looking for a new electric, how about a Gibson ES 339: it's built like an ES 335, only it's the same size as a Les Paul. The tone's somewhere in between, too. It can be sweet and articulate like an ES 335, but roar like a LP. It's an awesome combination.

Here's mine:

gibsones339.jpg

Here it is next to a 335 so you can see the size:

picture550.jpg

Red 333

OK' date=' if you're looking for a new electric, how about a Gibson ES 339: it's built like an ES 335, only it's the same size as a Les Paul. The tone's somewhere in between, too. It can be sweet and articulate like an ES 335, but roar like a LP. It's an awesome combination.

Here's mine:

Red 333[/quote']

Hey Red, I always love looking at pictures of your collection! I had thought about the 339 when they first came out and I really wanted one then. Now they really don't tickle me so much. I want something different, you know? Ironically I'm thinking the Zoot Suit SG! Can you believe that?!?! I hated them so much when they arrived on the scene but now///// Oh Boy!

If you don't have one of these' date=' what in God's name are you waiting for?

[img']http://falajow.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/gretsch_g7593_white_falcon.jpg[/img]

Hi BeatleNut, those Falcons are gorgeous for sure!! What am I waiting for? Good Question, I don't know. I've got a Gretsch 1957 6120 Chet Atkins and it is a phenominal guitar but that guitar taught me how good Gretsch's are and I certainly will get more as the years go passing by!

Gret1.jpg?t=1266446699

gret2.jpg?t=1266446743

gretchsg2-2.jpg?t=1266446776

gret3.jpg?t=1266446848

What am I waiting for? Good Question' date=' I don't know. I've got a Gretsch 1957 6120 Chet Atkins and that guitar taught me how good Gretsch's are and [b']I certainly will get more as the years go passing by![/b]

I don't want to sound morbid, but the years are passing by. The time is now to get a Falcon. Get one NOW! When do you want one? When you are in your eighties? Get one now and enjoy it now. Those thoughts were exactly why I pulled the trigger on my Falcon a month ago. Best decision I made. I now kick myself for waiting so long.

Oh, the guitar of my dreams that I now have in my hands:

wfs003lt.jpg

My Gretsches:

The Falcon and my 5120 "Thunderball"

l008.jpg

I don't want to sound morbid' date=' but the years are passing by. The time is now to get a Falcon. Get one NOW! When do you want one? When you are in your eighties? Get one now and enjoy it now. Those thoughts were exactly why I pulled the trigger on my Falcon a month ago. Best decision I made. I now kick myself for waiting so long.

Oh, the guitar of my dreams that I now have in my hands:

[img']http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/taxmanharrison/wfs003lt.jpg[/img]

My Gretsches:

The Falcon and my 5120 "Thunderball"

l008.jpg

LOL, Come on man, I'm 34 years old, born in 75! I've got a little time, no?

Since your in an SG mood' date=' Svet, have you considered this? It intrigues me. I'd like to see how the walnut body effects the guitar's tonal signature vs. mahogany.

Epiphone Walnut SG

Red 333

Call me crazy Red but I actually am starting to lust for one of those Zoot Suit SG's!! GASP!! I used to hate them but now..... I want either the Orange and black one or the Natural and Black one. They are not that expensive either!

609255.jpg

609249.jpg

609250.jpg

609251.jpg

Svet-

really? a zoot suit?

Ok, your GAS has gotten out of hand. If you have so many different kinds of guitar that you need to buy a zoot to have something different, then its time for a new hobby.

Perhaps you have a carbon monoxide leak in your home and it is causing you to make irrational decisions?

*bullhorn STEP AWAY FROM THE CREDIT CARD AND COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP

Cheap????

No way man, that thing is $1200. That is WAY too much money for a plywood guitar. Now cheap was my Gibson SG Special faded. I think I got it out the door for $500, and its a real SG, with a one piece mahogany body. After slapping some 57 classics in it I basically have the sound and playability of a standard for half the price. Minus a little high gloss and trap inlays and binding of course.

Archived