Gibson Brands Forums

I feel like buying a guitar......

Svet

Oh' date=' and Congrats on your first Strat!! [/quote']

thanks, in the process of switching out pickguard-not a fan of tortoise shell color!!! it really players nice. at the moment i have 2 telecasters and 1 strat. The fenders are about to out number my epi!!!!:)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks' date=' in the process of switching out pickguard-not a fan of tortoise shell color!!! it really players nice. at the moment i have 2 telecasters and 1 strat. The fenders are about to out number my epi!!!![blush']

Nothing wrong with that!

Here are a couple of additional pictures of the Zoot Suit!

zuit5.jpg?t=1266699044

zuit3.jpg?t=1266699069

zuit4.jpg?t=1266699098

The fingerboard is just wonderful! I have still yet to restring and do a complete setup and as you can see the StopTail is a little high and need to be tightened.

fyi, i put schaller strap locks on mine, u will need to put a spacer (nut or something like that) between the strap button and guitar due to the schaller srcew being to long!!!!!. i used a nut with washer to protect the finish.

damn good pics !!!!!!![biggrin]

I think I might have a faulty neck pickup. Yesterday it crapped out on me, I raised the PU height and all was well. This AM I am playing it and it just faded down to nothing. I tapped on it a couple of times and it roared back to life. The wires in the control cavitly all seem to be in order and solder joints appear strong. I've never had a dead pickup so what can I look for or do?

I think I might have a faulty neck pickup. Yesterday it crapped out on me' date=' I raised the PU height and all was well. This AM I am playing it and it just faded down to nothing. I tapped on it a couple of times and it roared back to life. The wires in the control cavitly all seem to be in order and solder joints appear strong. I've never had a dead pickup so what can I look for or do? [/quote']

if i remmber correctly, you got it from a local place they u buy most of your stuff from. take it back and have them fix or replace. the only issue i have with my zoot is fret ends need filing, but i have 2 other guitars with this issue ( the new strat and my epi lp with p-90 pups. I do need to take it the zoot in and have it set up with the bridge lower.

i had this issue with my tc-90 thinline telecaster. it was a bad solder on the volume pot. at first i thought it was the vol pot.

Hey Wardog, yeah my "Local" is about a 40 mile drive from where I now live! Needless to say I don't like making the drive so much anymore. The setup stuff is easy and I recommend you learn to do it yourself. I just restrung the zoot with heavier stings (I prefer 10-52's on my Gibsons) and set the stop tail lower along with some bridge adjustments. The neck relief was spot on according to my straight edge as was the intonation. It was a quick and easy setup as one can do.

Hey Wardog' date=' yeah my "Local" is about a 40 mile drive from where I now live! Needless to say I don't like making the drive so much anymore. The setup stuff is easy and I recommend you learn to do it yourself. I just restrung the zoot with heavier stings (I prefer 10-52's on my Gibsons) and set the stop tail lower along with some bridge adjustments. The neck relief was spot on according to my straight edge as was the intonation. It was a quick and easy setup as one can do. [/quote']

what tools do i need to learn to do a proper set-up?

Hey Wardog, sure, all you need is a couple of extra things. That is assuming you already have a set of allen keys, screw drivers, wire cutters and a string winder. Really the only things extra you need is a straight edge and a string action gauge. Check out Stewart Macdonald for anything you might need for basically anything. There is a wealth of information on the internet regarding how to set up your guitar and it would behoove you to use this as it often contains images along with instruction on how to do certain tasks. Try google for something like this link here. Give it a shot, I am most certainly glad I did and considering the fact that I own 30 guitars it sure has saved me a lot of time and money.

Archived