Gibson Brands Forums

Informations for Pré JOE PASS

treab

I have bought an emperor looking like a Joe pass model.

but no joe pass signature on the pick guard

natural blode guitar

vertical Gibson on the trusrod

the tuner selector is the cutaway side.

a paper behind the head gine the serial number :9110915(no letter)

somebody can help me to to find the right model it is.

the year :89 or 99

the origin: korea or else

thanks

Richard

Photos would be really useful..........

I have a 97 Samick Joe Pass which has an S before the serial so it "might" be the case your Emperor is a 89,

where is Carverman when you need him....

He would be the guy with the answer this.......

Photos are essential for clearing this up..

I think...

I have a 97 Samick Joe Pass which has an S before the serial so it "might" be the case your Emperor is a 89,

where is Carverman when you need him....

He would be the guy with the answer this.......

Photos are essential for clearing this up..

I think...

Thanks I cant' ptp scans on this site could you send a mail on richardbaert@cegetel.net and I send you Photos

I have a 97 Samick Joe Pass which has an S before the serial so it "might" be the case your Emperor is a 89' date='

[b']where is Carverman when you need him.... [/b]He would be the guy with the answer this.......

Tank yew! Thank yew very much..as Elvis would say.

Even without a picture that is a pre-JP Emperor II with "Gibson" on the TRC and the 3-way selector

in the cutaway. Samick made those in Korea and with "91" on the SN, I would guess that's it's

a 91 model year. I had one of those in a Sunburst, which I have now given to a worthy player as

I still have my JP and I really don't need two of them.

There is no label inside, but it is definitely a Korean made Samick from that period.

A very nice guitar..however the p_ups and wiring suck, and I've completely rewired both of mine

with GFS vintage 59s..which IMO sound very close to the Gibson Classic 57s and affordable.

You might also want to change out the wooden bridge and tp to a GFS tom and jazz style tp.

These are beautiful archtops for the money.

Carverman wrote:

You might also want to change out the wooden bridge and tp to a GFS tom and jazz style tp.

These are beautiful archtops for the money.

I went for the GFS tom and jazz style tp on Carverman's recommendation and am currently waiting for the black Mean 90's from GFS which are currently on back order.

Looks like this now......

P1010215.jpg

I wish they made a thinline Emperor II I would love one of those.....in Natural.....preferably with mini humbuckers....sorry just day dreaming....(I was looking at my avatar.....sigh)

Archived