Gibson Brands Forums

top secret: new epis

hey guys, its not really top secret, i was just chekcing to see if any one has gotten any new leads or info on new epis models, i know about all the little gts, new wilshire, and the hollowbodies, but wasnt there somthing on the epi blog that lead people to belive another wilshire type guitar was in the works? I really want them to bring back the double cut that has the same lenght on each horn, I guess its a wilshire I am not shure, thanks! lets get conspirering

I would like to see these:

Limited Edition Elitist Epiphone Zephyr 311TN inspired by John Lee Hooker :)[cool]

13035DVD.jpg

Limited Edition Elitist Epiphone Firebird with Lollar Firebirds inspired by Dennis Coffey [cool] [cool]

CoffeyBook2.jpg

This is the Gibson Firebird Guitar Dennis Coffey used on most of his sessions. He purchased this guitar used in Detroit in 1964, and is his best all around session guitar.

ohh no, not a zak wylde acoustic ...................No guys well yes...I am just looking to see if anyone has some news on new models but I mainly want to know if anyone has herd if they are going to do a cheap model of the made in america wilshire, I like its body with the horns that are the same size as apposed to the wilshire reissue out now like the worn 66

Hey COSMO, its actually all of those bodies, i know they reissued an expinsive american made production of the wilshire with P90s, but i would like a cheaper reissue with these bodies styles weather its a crestwood or a wilshire i dont care, I just really prefer that body to the wilshire worn 66 reissue long and short horn style

My bad! I've read your posts again. "I mainly want to know if anyone has herd if they are going to do a cheap model of the made in america wilshire"

That should have been cleear enough. :- sorry.

IMVHO, there won't be a 'symeyrical' body indonesian/chinese wilshire that soon. My guesses are €piphone will use probably the 66 wilshire body templates and decline it with different options.

In my case, I'm very interested in what €piphone will reissue in their historic line. Though it smells like Coronet Silverfox, I'd like to see more of "Kalamazoo historic" RIs. But there's a quote from Jim Rosenberg in the last Guitar & Bass issue:

"We've got our own personality. Gibson is constrained by its history. We're not so serious." I wish they could be serious on crestwoods. [cool]

Not played yet. But I've played the HB limited.

Build Quality: 17/20

Playability: 18/20

Sound: 14/20

Value for the money: 19/20

Vibe: 15/20

I have too many priority GAS before buying the worn 66 Ri, and sadly there's no chance to meet one in guitar shops around. But I feel like it would get the same rate than the limited HB edition and the minibuckers add that historic correct thang.

From what a guitar maker said: The guitar is an easy player, got the right look, the neck really captures the 'wilshire coronet crestwood' thing but more modern - which probably means it's wider at the nut-, but the pickups at hi gain goes mud and lose their musicality, and the sound is somewhat brighter than what you could expect from mahogany, and upgrading it with expensive boutique replacement pups won't necessarily change that.

I believe there is another Slash model due out later in the year. Now I really like Slash but this is maybe too much. I am not going to be happy until the 57 re-issue Junior is available again. Or what about a nice Firebird in Prophecy spec?

Dream on.

7C

I'd be happy with a Firebird VII.

And a Firebird Prophecy.

And a Coronet like Cosmitron's (that thing is gorgeous and sounds brilliant... at least in his hands [biggrin] ).

And a 57 Les Paul Goldtop.

And a Les Paul BFG (just like Gibson's).

And a SG with a Maestro.

And another Les Paul Standard in Iced Tea, Goldtop, Vintage Burst, Ebony, HCS, Quilt Maple Tops, Tiger Eye.

And a Zakk Wilde Les Paul Buzzsaw (the new one that is, but with the EMGs 85/81 on it).

And a Slash Les Paul... sure, why not?

And on, and on, and on...

Too much GAS...

Hey COSMO' date=' its actually all of those bodies, i know they reissued an expinsive american made production of the wilshire with P90s, but i would like a cheaper reissue with these bodies styles weather its a crestwood or a wilshire i dont care, I just really prefer that body to the wilshire worn 66 reissue long and short horn style[/quote']

Anyone tried these?

Coley Guitars

They have a "symetrical body" Coronet. No idea what they cost though.

• 3 months later...
Anyone tried these?

Coley Guitars

They have a "symetrical body" Coronet. No idea what they cost though.

As a lifelong Steve Marriott fan I commissioned this guitar to be built in 2009 because I'd given up trying to find a good condition '62 Coronet that was both affordable and' date=' most importantly, playable. A lot of the examples I'd come across had been either badly looked after or customised to a ridiculous point. The specs of this guitar are on the Coley website for anyone interested in finding out more. James obviously gives quotes vary based on the customer's requirements but I can tell you that this model cost around $1800. I don't think that's a hell of a lot to pay considering the quality and craftsmanship that's gone in to the instrument. Sure it's still a replica at the end of the day but [i']what[/i] a replica!

I plan to put some YouTube clips of the guitar in action fairly soon.

As a lifelong Steve Marriott fan I commissioned this guitar to be built in 2009 because I'd given up trying to find a good condition '62 Coronet that was both affordable and' date=' most importantly, playable. A lot of the examples I'd come across had been either badly looked after or customised to a ridiculous point. The specs of this guitar are on the Coley website for anyone interested in finding out more. James obviously gives quotes vary based on the customer's requirements but I can tell you that this model cost around $1800. I don't think that's a hell of a lot to pay considering the quality and craftsmanship that's gone in to the instrument. Sure it's still a replica at the end of the day but [i']what[/i] a replica!

I plan to put some YouTube clips of the guitar in action fairly soon.

Welcome Tony!

Looking forward to seeing the YouTube clips. Make sure you post the link so we can all enjoy!

Oh, and more pics of your Coronet would also be appreciated!

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...

Archived