Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Red333

Svet

Would you look at those crown inlays! Similar to the Elvis King of Rock J200, but in outline form. You've got to be a confident player to have those on your guitar...

To my knowlege, that's the first AJ with factory electonics. That Fishman is the same one that's on my J45 Vine, I think. If it is, it's very good. Also, I believe this is the first signature model AJ. Unlike a regular issue, this one appears to have a compensated saddle, too. The bridge design is also different, as the saddle slot does not run through both ends.

Hey, maybe THIS should be your next guitar!

Red 333

Hey Red333 just an fyi...we had talked about these a while ago... I recently saw two of the AJ500RC 12 Fret's go on e-bay one at $722 and one for $6something - I was in until about 550 the backed out...maybe some day

No kidding? Thanks for letting me know. It's not something I've kept my eye on.

It's unusual that an Epi's price increases so fast on the used market. It just shows how well-liked the AJ500RC is, and of course, how rare. There seems to be demand for them, and other manufacturers are introducing 12 fretters left and right, so I wonder why Epiphone discontinued this model, whether it was the lifting bridge probem, or what.

I remember talking about the AJ500RC with you, MickeyNJ. I hope you're able to get one at a good price. I lucked into mine, and have been very happy with it. It's a really wonderful guitar.

Red 333

Archived