Gibson Brands Forums

Korina G-400

maniak

Hmmmm,,next on the list ,,i've been gassin a bit over a 3 pickup SG Antique White,,the SG bug bit me pretty good when i got the Korina,,thats what led to the prophecy so i'm thinkin a 3 PU just might complete the set.Other than that i kinda want a Sunburst Strat with a rosewood fingerboard.

MY Noisemakers:

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Chuan Yin Marina Mark 20SS classical

Carlo Robelli 5 string Banjo

Carlo Robelli Electric Violin

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

2 Marshall JTM-612 60 watt 1 12 Combos

Wow Maniak! What can I say that already hasn't been said before. I really liked it! You went for harder rock and a less bluesy sound and it worked for me! I never realized a stock Epi G-400 could sound so goood. My mind had been biased by comments of other people but IMO you have proved them wrong on every negative thing I have heard. Can't wait to hear what you come up with next. Rock on Bro!

Rewd.

Maniak, what amp are you using in your vids?

And the 3 pup white SG sounds good! I've been kinda looking at a white G400 myself, it seems like all my guitars and my bass, except my Gibson MM, are all black! Time for a little change! Keep on jammin' dude! Sounds great!

And how's that '68 LP Custom? Post some photos of it sometime if you would. I used to have one and LOVED IT! Miss the hell out of it actually!

Actually ..:im not using an amp at all,,I'm going into a Line 6 Guitarport,into my PC running Line6 Gearbox software.Thats coming out of a pair of Behringer powered monitors and being recorded believe it or not,,,by the little tiny condenser mic on the camera..pretty funky huh.Theres probably a dozen or so other ways i could go but when something works,,why mess with it

MY Noisemakers:

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Chuan Yin Marina Mark 20SS classical

Carlo Robelli 5 string Banjo

Carlo Robelli Electric Violin

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

2 Marshall JTM-612 60 watt 1 12 Combos

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I agree with Gearhead. I used to think that all those modeling effects were a little lacking compared to a stomp box thru a tube amp. Maniak has proved my bias to be wrong again! He definately is getting some awesome sound from his set-up. Thanks again Maniak it's always a pleasure to hear you play!

......... I used to think that all those modeling effects were a little lacking compared to a stomp box thru a tube amp........

Reddawg1, I used to think the same think, I've had a bunch of solid state and tube amps, but the newer "modeling" amps have come a long way. The little Behringer combo I have REALLY surprised me! AWESOME sound, deep full bass, excellent clean and distortion. And a LOT cheaper than the good tube amps, which I wouldn't mind having if there were more funds available.........

Archived