Gibson Brands Forums

wilshire colour

wilwood

i bought an original 1967 epiphone wilshire all orginal nothing missing or replaced with original case. when i finnaly recieved the guitar i noticed it was more of a brown colour i just thought it was cherry that had faded to a brown but then as i was surfing the net i found two others that were also brown but these looked to be purposefully brown and not faded cherry.

i was just wondering if any of you guys could tell me if they did make brown wilshires in addition to the cherry ones and also what other colours were available.

I also have a '67. Its color is somewhere between cherry and oxblood I think. If you could provide some pictures, I would know if mine has the same color as yours.

Here's mine:

E67w_05.jpg

By the way check this:

epiphone66p4.jpg

the Crestwood Deluxe and the Olympic are definitely cherry red while the Wilshire looks totally brown. :-

A friend bought his wilshire -cheap- refinished in nitro pelham blue. As it was a serious mess he stripped it down. The naked guitar has a similar tint!

please take a look:

wil%20RAW%20preview%201.jpg

Is there weather checking on yours - any kind of signs that would tell it could be the stock finish?

Archived