Gibson Brands Forums

A Jerk on evil bay

tflanster

There was a guy, or company, in Arizona selling a used LP. His ad described it but said he didn't know where it was made, what year it was made, or how many were made. He had the S/N. I went to a S/N lookup site and found that it was made in China in 2001. So I told the guy that.

His response? "We really don't care about any of that stuff".

Kind of sarcastic. I told the guy I was just trying to help him out. Seems to me most LP buyers appreciate as much info as they can get. I know I do.

I thought about bidding on it; the high bid at the time was about $325.00 or so. It closed out at nearly $400.00. The seller wanted $47.50+ for shipping! That ends up close to $450.00 for a used LP Standard. Pretty heavy hit, seems to me. Guess I'll keep looking at Craigslist. There's always one or two there.

thats a total rip man, I have been patrolling the bay lately and I decided to do a project to prepare me for buying a used gibson, for about 2 weeks now I have been putting guitars in my watching section on myebay, and looking at the prices they are selling for,....now I am not trying to by a sg standard or a Les Paul standard, mainly looking at sg specials (non faded) and Les Paul specails ( P-90s& humbucker models) ...basically somthing I can afford, and for the most part they all seem to be going for around $500 to $600 some $700 but pretty nicely priced for some used GIBSON MADE IN U.S.A. by actual citizens ext ext....

so just be patient and you can find more thank what you are looking for at a great price, with ebay, u just have to realize that the guitar you buy one day for $700 could possible sell for $400 the next day on ebay, u just have to look reallllllll good on there and take some time, heres a good site that bundles craiglist and ebay

Jaxed.com.................. hit the tab that says MASH, then look to the left and click on instruments, and have at it!

thing is.. with ebay guitars like any other goods are only worth or valued at what someone is prepared to pay. yes you were being helpful and that should have been appreciated but i'm guessing the guy selling was only after top $$

thats a total rip man' date=' I have been patrolling the bay lately and I decided to do a project to prepare me for buying a used gibson, for about 2 weeks now I have been putting guitars in my watching section on myebay, and looking at the prices they are selling for,....now I am not trying to by a sg standard or a Les Paul standard, mainly looking at sg specials (non faded) and Les Paul specails ( P-90s& humbucker models) ...basically somthing I can afford, and for the most part they all seem to be going for around $500 to $600 some $700 but pretty nicely priced for some used GIBSON MADE IN U.S.A. by actual citizens ext ext....

so just be patient and you can find more thank what you are looking for at a great price, with ebay, u just have to realize that the guitar you buy one day for $700 could possible sell for $400 the next day on ebay, u just have to look reallllllll good on there and take some time, heres a good site that bundles craiglist and ebay

Jaxed.com.................. hit the tab that says MASH, then look to the left and click on instruments, and have at it![/quote']

Hey Max, thanks for the website - 'preciate it[biggrin]

TFlan

thing is.. with ebay guitars like any other goods are only worth or valued at what someone is prepared to pay. yes you were being helpful and that should have been appreciated but i'm guessing the guy selling was only after top $$

Definitely correcto mundo. I had a pristine quilted cherry LP that I bought for $250.00 off Craigslist' date=' including cable(that was shorted out but fixable), strap, strings and tuner. Foolishly, I sold it a couple months ago to a kid who had a lot of $$$. Should have kept it[blush']

Guest icantbuyafender
Well' date=' keep in mind, that to some people, a guitar is a tool, while to others, it's an instrument. As for me, the wife thinks I'm a tool...and she's right. :-s [/quote']

hhahahahahahahaha

thats a total rip man' date=' I have been patrolling the bay lately and I decided to do a project to prepare me for buying a used gibson, for about 2 weeks now I have been putting guitars in my watching section on myebay, and looking at the prices they are selling for,....now I am not trying to by a sg standard or a Les Paul standard, mainly looking at sg specials (non faded) and Les Paul specails ( P-90s& humbucker models) ...basically somthing I can afford, and for the most part they all seem to be going for around $500 to $600 some $700 but pretty nicely priced for some used GIBSON MADE IN U.S.A. by actual citizens ext ext....

Jaxed.com.................. hit the tab that says MASH, then look to the left and click on instruments, and have at it![/quote']

I went to the site, clicked on MASH, clicked on Instruments and the only thing that popped up was "AMPS". I couldn't find any way to search for any other instruments. It there a trick? There's lots of instruments on CL evil bay.

Archived